So, I got this idea....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on PC. Since emulation is out of the question, I had been racking my brain on how to play it. I purchased it about 2 weeks ago, with the idea of being at least it's tied to my Google account.

Then...it hit me. I felt so stupid after I thought of it.

I fired up VMWare (Some probably already know where I am going with this), and downloaded an Android Linux ISO. Loaded the OS into the VM, and fired up the OS. Then a sudden realization hit me: I'd need to figure out a way to install the Play Store. As I finished that thought, I was welcomed by the familiar welcome screen seen on Android, and asking me for my GMail credentials.

I put everything in, and an instant later, I got a notification on my Pixel that someone was trying to access my account. I gave it the go ahead, and everything started loading.

I quickly went to Play, and looked. WotL was able to be installed. Ecstatic, I hit install, and waited. Fired up the game, and it was a little choppy. Killed the VM, and cranked up the RAM to about 8 GB, and this game flies.

The only complaint that i have is I have to change a line of code every time I want to fire the VM for Android.

So...there we go. A much different way of playing a console game on PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills