Best Huawei MBP Alternative?

blazewon22

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
So I've had the Matebook X Pro 8th Gen i7 model for 15 months. I generally like to replace my laptops at 20-24 month mark. So far it doesn't seem that I will be able to order the next generation model in the U.S.

I really love this laptop. They keyboard, screen and power are fantastic and it has been really stable compared to all of the issues I've seen with articles on the Surface line. Also the trackpad has been pretty good, the only better one I've experienced is my work MacBook Pro.

If you had to switch where would you go next? I've generally had bad experiences with Dell trackpads and there don't seem to be a lot of 3:2 screens out there.

Thanks in advance!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've become a fan of Lenovo laptops. Take a look at their ThinkPad X1 Carbon line. You can get it customized with either a 1440p or 4K screen as well, with the 4K option also including HDR. While I'm sure there are plenty of great laptops out there, if Dell and Microsoft are out of the running, Lenovo is a great option.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X1-Carbon-Gen-7/p/20QDCTO1WWENUS0[/FONT]

Akshay M

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Huawei's MateBook X Pro is a true competitor to Apple's Mac laptop range in just about every way. In terms of specs it's pushing the parameters of our Air-killer category somewhat - the MateBook X Pro is 14.6mm thick at its stoutest part, 1.33kg in weight, and comes in at the best part of £1,299-1,899 - but it fulfils many of the same functions as its Apple rival.

It boasts a gorgeous 13.9in (3000 x 2000) display that supports touch, a fingerprint sensor and more. It's a cool, good-looking product that stands out in a sea of Windows-based laptops.

Yep, it's expensive, but the MateBook X Pro is an amazing piece of technology combining excellent (if not familiar) design, top-notch build quality and high-end specifications. Battery life is decent, and the (optional) Nvidia GPU bolsters your capabilities still further. T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon