Can someone help me interpret this battery report please...

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you describe the battery issue in more detail?

Yes sure, will the simplest scenario is that my laptop all at a sudden shuts down at 40-30% battery percentage, doesn't boot until I plug it in where it shows 0%.
In some cases it shows this message "plugged but not charging", it doesn't charge until I restart the device a couple of times.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes sure, will the simplest scenario is that my laptop all at a sudden shuts down at 40-30% battery percentage, doesn't boot until I plug it in where it shows 0%.
In some cases it shows this message "plugged but not charging", it doesn't charge until I restart the device a couple of times.

Can you also tell us what your startup list looks like and if you go to Task Manager > Performance > Resource Monitor, how does it look?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Couldn't find this info in Windows generated summary, but got this from HP Support Assistant:
, skip to the steps -> https://www.windowscentral.com/generate-battery-report-windows-10
It would help if we could see the cycles the battery made (/c&p the day to day data from the Windows Battery Report).

So if I understand correctly you got the problem very suddenly, did something happen to your laptop? Did it fell or something like that? Was there a big Windows update? How do you use your device? (/whole day on battery or do you have it plugged it in?)
Last one, which hp laptop is this? Pavillion, Envy, Spectre, nameless? (cheap laptops sometime come with crappy batteries installed which can drain fast and lithium batteries in general can degrade or go bad over time, some faster than others)

At first glance, it looks like you might have to replace the battery (usually around 30 bucks, your problem sounds similar to what I had with my phone once which had a faulty battery). But you could try HP support assistant tool and see if there are any important driver updates available (especially firmware related), perhaps it will help.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
, skip to the steps -> https://www.windowscentral.com/generate-battery-report-windows-10
It would help if we could see the cycles the battery made (/c&p the day to day data from the Windows Battery Report).

So if I understand correctly you got the problem very suddenly, did something happen to your laptop? Did it fell or something like that? Was there a big Windows update? How do you use your device? (/whole day on battery or do you have it plugged it in?)
Last one, which hp laptop is this? Pavillion, Envy, Spectre, nameless? (cheap laptops sometime come with crappy batteries installed which can drain fast and lithium batteries in general can degrade or go bad over time, some faster than others)

At first glance, it looks like you might have to replace the battery (usually around 30 bucks, your problem sounds similar to what I had with my phone once which had a faulty battery). But you could try HP support assistant tool and see if there are any important driver updates available (especially firmware related), perhaps it will help.

My device is: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx

Well, I have been facing this issue for few months, a calibration helps but not for long -have to calibrate at least once every couple of weeks :\ -; mostly I use the device plugged in (especially after starting facing this issue to avoid interruptions).

All drivers are up to date!

Regarding the battery report, here it is:

CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 30,342 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 30,342 mWh
CYCLE COUNT -

Annotation 2019-11-24 221304.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-24 221304.jpg

Thank you for the help :)

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
My device is: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx

Well, I have been facing this issue for few months, a calibration helps but not for long -have to calibrate at least once every couple of weeks :\ -; mostly I use the device plugged in (especially after starting facing this issue to avoid interruptions).

All drivers are up to date!
, that is a bummer idd. It seems like you are a bit unlucky and got a crappy battery with your laptop. This is definitely not normal behavior and using a device mostly plugged in should result in still ok battery life after >2 years.
One thing you could try is setting 'maximum processor state' for 'on battery' to e.g. 66-75% in the Edit Power Plan -> change advanced power settings. I use this trick to prolong battery life in older Windows products, e.g. gives my Surface Pro 1 a hour extra. This might be giving you just enough battery juice you need. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786