Hello!
    Have been facing battery issue for the last couple of months, not sure if it's calibration thing or if the battery needs a replacement.

Here's a couple:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2JuMl5TFpUrJt1...9C-zA?e=04ZBzJ

thank you!
    11-22-2019 05:59 PM
    Hello!
    Have been facing battery issue for the last couple of months, not sure if it's calibration thing or if the battery needs a replacement.

Here's a couple:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2JuMl5TFpUrJt1...9C-zA?e=04ZBzJ

thank you!
    , copy and paste the report summary and current Wh vs initial Wh here and I will take a look.
    11-22-2019 06:16 PM
    Can you describe the battery issue in more detail?
    11-23-2019 02:00 AM
    , copy and paste the report summary and current Wh vs initial Wh here and I will take a look.
    Couldn't find this info in Windows generated summary, but got this from HP Support Assistant:
    img_20191122_201713.jpg
    11-23-2019 05:44 AM
    Can you describe the battery issue in more detail?
    Yes sure, will the simplest scenario is that my laptop all at a sudden shuts down at 40-30% battery percentage, doesn't boot until I plug it in where it shows 0%.
    In some cases it shows this message "plugged but not charging", it doesn't charge until I restart the device a couple of times.
    11-23-2019 05:47 AM
    Yes sure, will the simplest scenario is that my laptop all at a sudden shuts down at 40-30% battery percentage, doesn't boot until I plug it in where it shows 0%.
    In some cases it shows this message "plugged but not charging", it doesn't charge until I restart the device a couple of times.
    Can you also tell us what your startup list looks like and if you go to Task Manager > Performance > Resource Monitor, how does it look?
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    11-23-2019 06:07 AM
    Can you also tell us what your startup list looks like and if you go to Task Manager > Performance > Resource Monitor, how does it look?
    screenshot-23-.png
    11-23-2019 10:31 AM
    Couldn't find this info in Windows generated summary, but got this from HP Support Assistant:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191122_201713.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	141677
    Follow up after the calibration:
    annotation-2019-11-23-172830.jpg
    11-23-2019 10:33 AM
    , skip to the steps -> https://www.windowscentral.com/gener...ort-windows-10
    It would help if we could see the cycles the battery made (/c&p the day to day data from the Windows Battery Report).

So if I understand correctly you got the problem very suddenly, did something happen to your laptop? Did it fell or something like that? Was there a big Windows update? How do you use your device? (/whole day on battery or do you have it plugged it in?)
    Last one, which hp laptop is this? Pavillion, Envy, Spectre, nameless? (cheap laptops sometime come with crappy batteries installed which can drain fast and lithium batteries in general can degrade or go bad over time, some faster than others)

At first glance, it looks like you might have to replace the battery (usually around 30 bucks, your problem sounds similar to what I had with my phone once which had a faulty battery). But you could try HP support assistant tool and see if there are any important driver updates available (especially firmware related), perhaps it will help.
    11-23-2019 03:40 PM
    , skip to the steps -> https://www.windowscentral.com/gener...ort-windows-10
    It would help if we could see the cycles the battery made (/c&p the day to day data from the Windows Battery Report).

So if I understand correctly you got the problem very suddenly, did something happen to your laptop? Did it fell or something like that? Was there a big Windows update? How do you use your device? (/whole day on battery or do you have it plugged it in?)
    Last one, which hp laptop is this? Pavillion, Envy, Spectre, nameless? (cheap laptops sometime come with crappy batteries installed which can drain fast and lithium batteries in general can degrade or go bad over time, some faster than others)

At first glance, it looks like you might have to replace the battery (usually around 30 bucks, your problem sounds similar to what I had with my phone once which had a faulty battery). But you could try HP support assistant tool and see if there are any important driver updates available (especially firmware related), perhaps it will help.
    My device is: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx

Well, I have been facing this issue for few months, a calibration helps but not for long -have to calibrate at least once every couple of weeks :\ -; mostly I use the device plugged in (especially after starting facing this issue to avoid interruptions).

All drivers are up to date!

Regarding the battery report, here it is:

CHEMISTRY LION
    DESIGN CAPACITY 30,342 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 30,342 mWh
    CYCLE COUNT -

annotation-2019-11-24-221304.jpg

annotation-2019-11-24-221304.jpg

Thank you for the help :)
    11-24-2019 03:14 PM
    My device is: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx

Well, I have been facing this issue for few months, a calibration helps but not for long -have to calibrate at least once every couple of weeks :\ -; mostly I use the device plugged in (especially after starting facing this issue to avoid interruptions).

All drivers are up to date!
    , that is a bummer idd. It seems like you are a bit unlucky and got a crappy battery with your laptop. This is definitely not normal behavior and using a device mostly plugged in should result in still ok battery life after >2 years.
    One thing you could try is setting 'maximum processor state' for 'on battery' to e.g. 66-75% in the Edit Power Plan -> change advanced power settings. I use this trick to prolong battery life in older Windows products, e.g. gives my Surface Pro 1 a hour extra. This might be giving you just enough battery juice you need. ;)
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    11-24-2019 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

One last question, should calibrate regularly in this case? would it help?
    11-25-2019 05:20 AM
    Thanks for the tip!

One last question, should calibrate regularly in this case? would it help?
    I think that it's better to replace the battery instead.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    11-25-2019 06:54 AM