Please suggest me a good laptop

Steve0001

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello Members,

I'm currently using a HP laptop with Dual Core i3-7100U processor. I am frustrated with it because it lags a lot while using Photoshop. Can anyone recommend me a good laptop under $800 or $700 price range which can easily run Adobe Photoshop and light room.

I don't play games on my laptop and I only need it for my photo editing task.

Thanks in advance

Lee_Bo

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
From a hardware standpoint, look for something with an i5 processor and 16 gigs of ram. I have an older Dell Latitude with these specs and it runs Photoshop and Lightroom fine.

From a price point, Lenovo may be in the ballpark.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello Members,

I'm currently using a HP laptop with Dual Core i3-7100U processor. I am frustrated with it because it lags a lot while using Photoshop. Can anyone recommend me a good laptop under $800 or $700 price range which can easily run Adobe Photoshop and light room.

Thanks in advance
, something with a good screen (/realistic colors etc) and a recent i5 (quad core), preferable a i5-8250u cause its cheaper now or the new more efficient i5-1035Gx (where x is a number like e.g. 1 or 7). So a Dell Xps or HP Spectre most likely. Perhaps a Zenbook since it is generally good bang for buck but you will have to double check the reviews for the quality of the screen.
If you edit in very high resolutions than it might be a good idea to go for 16 gb of ram instead of 8 gb (though personally I have 8 gb and edit photos often with circa 4000x3000 pixels). And always make sure it has an SSD instead of a HDD.

Steve0001

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
From a hardware standpoint, look for something with an i5 processor and 16 gigs of ram. I have an older Dell Latitude with these specs and it runs Photoshop and Lightroom fine.

From a price point, Lenovo may be in the ballpark.

What are your thoughts about Acer Spin 3? My friend suggested me this laptop. Should I go with a touchscreen?

this model: https://laptopdiscovery.com/acer-spin-3-review/ and find it pretty good. Please share your thoughts

Last edited:

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
@ochhanz

Do the number of cores in the processor will impact the performance of the software?
, generally the jump from dual/2 to quad/4 cores will help quite a bit (also because background processes and apps will run on other cores). Also generally speaking i7 is somewhat a waste of money compared to i5 in laptops. Touch on a laptop is nice I think but it is something that is very personal and differs per person, it cannot hurt though except for slightly bumping up the price and generally you get stronger hinges with 2-1 laptops. A digitizer (like some 2-1 laptops have) offer active pen support and might be useful if you are into drawing.

The acer overal seems nice and has an ok digitizer (in case you want to tryout drawing) but has no usb-c which might be something you will not notice it or might miss it (probably not since otherwise you would have already noticed it :) ).
If your looking for other budget options which still have ok quality than an envy 2-1, inspiron 5000 2-1 or zenbook 2-1 with an i5-8250u might be worth a look. I personally have an 2-1 envy 15 inch which is a good device and versalite but has some edges.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello Members,

Thanks in advance

Well I have the Chuck Finley69 Identity Theft model I could sell you at the low introductory price of.....It’s preloaded with all the necessary spyware for me to become you, at least virtually....How many can I put you down for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs