Post your Rig Specs Here!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same mouse. It's decent, and definitely holding up a lot better than the other mice I had (MX518, G500 or something), where the cable tangled and split. My only complaint is the scroll wheel. I hate the slick surface and shallow notches because they make it hard to have a good grip on the wheel while scrolling. It just feels weird. Whenever I'm browsing pages, I leave the wheel unlocked because it's suchn and awkward experience. I miss the rubberized wheels.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My rig specs:
18 54 inch chrome plated wheels
Fm radio
2477 sq ft.

Just kidding
8 GB ram
I5 4th Gen.
128 GB SSD
1 GB SD card
Full HD display
Etc.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same mouse. It's decent, and definitely holding up a lot better than the other mice I had (MX518, G500 or something), where the cable tangled and split. My only complaint is the scroll wheel. I hate the slick surface and shallow notches because they make it hard to have a good grip on the wheel while scrolling. It just feels weird. Whenever I'm browsing pages, I leave the wheel unlocked because it's suchn and awkward experience. I miss the rubberized wheels.

That's really strange. I often see/hear the scroll wheel as the only complaint in reviews. I have no problems with it at all o_O Never slipped once and I usually sweat when using the mouse which should make it even more difficult to use the scroll wheel. Actually, I like the scroll wheel a lot better than the one on my Roccat Kone (fortunately mine didn't break like it seemed to be the case with a lot of them). I like the heaviness of it and the free-spin mode is very handy on sites like reddit. when locked, it kinda feels a bit "whobbly" (I guess due to the weight of the wheel itself and the 'weak' resistance. But other than that I really do like it.

What bugs me more is the fact that the blue plastic and lighting are not the same shade -_-

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's really strange. I often see/hear the scroll wheel as the only complaint in reviews. I have no problems with it at all o_O Never slipped once and I usually sweat when using the mouse which should make it even more difficult to use the scroll wheel. Actually, I like the scroll wheel a lot better than the one on my Roccat Kone (fortunately mine didn't break like it seemed to be the case with a lot of them). I like the heaviness of it and the free-spin mode is very handy on sites like reddit. when locked, it kinda feels a bit "whobbly" (I guess due to the weight of the wheel itself and the 'weak' resistance. But other than that I really do like it.

What bugs me more is the fact that the blue plastic and lighting are not the same shade -_-

It's not so much that it slips, it just feels awkward. I like the free-scroll as well (something I got with one of my first Logitech mice a few years back, and something I missed when I replaced it), and I use it almost exclusively on web pages because the wheel itself is such an annoying material. It's solely about the coating on it, because it lends itself to being slick and uncomfortable. I almost want to cover it in glue or something, haha.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not so much that it slips, it just feels awkward. I like the free-scroll as well (something I got with one of my first Logitech mice a few years back, and something I missed when I replaced it), and I use it almost exclusively on web pages because the wheel itself is such an annoying material. It's solely about the coating on it, because it lends itself to being slick and uncomfortable. I almost want to cover it in glue or something, haha.

Linus from LinusTechTips mentioned in his review that he thought about coating it with PlastiDip because he finds the scrollwheel to be slippery. Not sure though how (taking the mouse apart? coating a bit of it, waiting for it to dry, rotating it and coat another bit, waiting for it to try, and so on?) But if one was to take the mouse apart, one could also try to replace the wheel entirely for a more prefered one.

http://youtu.be/Nl25wpMoEtY?t=2m17s
Jump to ~2:17. Timestamps don't seem to be supported here.

I kinda admire those modders. Screwing up most likely means the loss of money and still they rather risk it than putting up with something that's not unique or fits their idea and liking of it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well its been a while since I posted - Coffee table has gone - replaced it with View attachment 95184View attachment 95185

Specs still the same

Please tell me that monitor is a touch-screen. I'm still rocking a touch monitor. Half tempted to hook up my touch monitor to my Dell Venue Pro 11 and see if I can get a dual touch screen setup going. Also, I have the same mousepad, but I have the Naga Epic 2012 (with removable sideplates) and the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate as opposed to your Naga and SteelSeries keyboard. Also got the Orbweaver for the gaming side of things. All in all, it's a very decent setup for me. Would have to try something as crazy as this in Japan though. Perhaps a fully loaded mobile operating suite that allows me to autopilot around Japan while using the computer?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Please tell me that monitor is a touch-screen. I'm still rocking a touch monitor. Half tempted to hook up my touch monitor to my Dell Venue Pro 11 and see if I can get a dual touch screen setup going. Also, I have the same mousepad, but I have the Naga Epic 2012 (with removable sideplates) and the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate as opposed to your Naga and SteelSeries keyboard. Also got the Orbweaver for the gaming side of things. All in all, it's a very decent setup for me. Would have to try something as crazy as this in Japan though. Perhaps a fully loaded mobile operating suite that allows me to autopilot around Japan while using the computer?

Yes monitor is a 23" touchscreen - makes media consumption easier - keyboard and mouse come out when im gaming theres an xbox 360 in there as well - joypad and headphones stored in the compartment at the top. Its had some modifications recently too - I upgraded the monitor bracket to give more length on the monitor movement and I also cut a wireless charging pad for my phone into the seat foam and reupholstered it right about where the steelseries log is on the keyboard in the picture above so I can have it in view and charging while im playing with the monitor out

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes monitor is a 23" touchscreen - makes media consumption easier - keyboard and mouse come out when im gaming theres an xbox 360 in there as well - joypad and headphones stored in the compartment at the top. Its had some modifications recently too - I upgraded the monitor bracket to give more length on the monitor movement and I also cut a wireless charging pad for my phone into the seat foam and reupholstered it right about where the steelseries log is on the keyboard in the picture above so I can have it in view and charging while im playing with the monitor out

I'm tempted to do some rewiring when I move to Japan and get a Bluetooth desk so I can then say "Hey Cortana, pull my touchscreen to me" and the VESA clamp housing my touchscreen will automatically move and position the touchscreen monitor in the perfect position for me to use it as a tablet. Would be great for OSU streams!

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My old school max bang for the dollar build.

CPU: i7 860
GPU: Radeon 5850 x2
RAM: 8 GB G. Skill
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P The everlasting 1156 socket of the first gen i7... awww yeah.
PSU: Seasonic 660W Platinum. My pride and joy. Old one bite the dust.
Case: InWin GR ONE. Full tower, a great upgrade over my old Cooler Master 690.
HDD:
-640 WD Black OS
-2 TB WD Black games
-3 TB HGST media x 2 Raid 1. Media is pretty much the only pain to actually replace, ergo the two drive setup here.

Monitor:
24 inch 1080p Asus of some variety or another.
19 in 900p ViewSonic of some variety or another.

Sidewinder X4 MS Keyboard

In the confusion of transferring to a new case I forgot the disk drive, so no disk drive for now.
3.5 G Deathadder gaming mouse with goliath pad
a set of Creative porta speakers
Sennheiser HD598 > HiFiMAN EF2A > Fiio D02k Taishan > optical

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Case:Corsair Carbide 500R White
Cooler:phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler Silver/White
CPU:AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 4.0ghz - OC to 4.6ghz
MoBo:Asus Crosshair V Formula Z ROG
PSU:EVGA SuperNova 1000W "Gold"
RAM:Teamgroup Vulcan Orange 2x4gb
GFX: 2 x (SLI) Gainward GeForce GTX 770 Phantom 4gb
SSD1(Games):Sandisk Ultra 256GB
SSD2(OS & Programs):Samsung EVO 120gb
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb
Monitors:Asus VE247H 24" widescreen x4
Projector:Viewsonic PJD7820HD

Got the monitors setup, three side by side with the fourth about the central one. Projector is connected via an hdmi splitter so I can watch movies/play games etc.

In regards to upgrades, im waiting to see what nvidia and and come up with this year for graphics cards. I cant justify two titan x's but will definitely be replacing my current dual sli setup, for a dual/tri sli setup with new technology cards. Maybe a 980ti if it exists, or a lower vram titan x if that also comes out.

Aside from that, im happy with my setup :)

Vishnu Dharmapal

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Dell Alienware M14X R2

* Processor : 3rd Gen Intel Core - i7 3610 QM 2.3 GHz

* RAM : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM (8 x 2 )

* HDD : mSATA 32 GB SSD, 750 GB 7200 rpm WD.

* GPU : Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2 GB GDDR5 & Intel HD Graphics 4000 2.06 GB.

This is My Small Lappy I'm happy with that :)

If anyone has this configuration pls send me a message I've some doubt's to clear :)

Last edited:

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
* RAM : 16 GB 1666 MHz DDR3 RAM

If anyone has this configuration pls send me a message I've some doubt's to clear :)

Don't you mean 1600MHz? Cause there's only 1600MHz RAM (and others like 1333, 1866, 2133, 2400), but no 1666MHz ;-)

What doubts do you have? I don't ahve the same configuration but maybe I can help.

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine is a bit old but I still use it for gaming,

CPU - AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-core @ 2.2 GHz
RAM - 4 GB ddr2
Hard Drive - 640 GB 7200 RPM
Graphics card - PNY NVIDIA GTS 450 1 GB vram
Motherboard chipset - AMD 780G
OS - Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit SP1

I'm hoping to upgrade my pc by the end of 2015 start of 2016

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

I got a new PC since this post so I'm now running:
Processor: AMD FX-8300 "8-core processor" @ 3.3 ghz, turbo upto 3.6 ghz
Ram: 8 GB DDR3 ram
Hard drive: 2 TB 7200 rpm hard drive
Video card: Nvidia GTX 750 with 2 GB DDR5 vram
Motherboard chipset: AMD 990x chipset (I think)
Got it for $750 CAD but I'm still thinking of replacing the motherboard, video card and power supply. I only got it cause I needed something that can play newer games on for now.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased an Acer Predator G-something-6-something

Basically it has an i5 4590, 12GB Ram, and a GTX 980.

I currently have it hooked up to two monitors. They're both 24" AOCs, pretty identical except one has g-sync. Also hoping to get aa third nearer Xmas.

I was going to build my own but I just kept going round in circles, and this machine seemed pretty sharp for the price.

What I'll do now is pull parts from it to build another machine. But since it can run BF4 on ultra at around 80fps, and War Thunder rarely drops below 144fps on pretty high settings, I'll stick with it for the time being.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo