05-31-2016 07:10 AM
37 12
tools
    I see we are now discussing this over here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ndows-7-a.html

Thread Closed.
    05-20-2016 02:09 PM
    I guess I haven't been clear on this problem. I don't want to be a user on my wife's laptop. I want her to be able to access her photos that are already on the laptop that she used view and edit in Picasa. Thanks for hanging in there for me.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    05-20-2016 04:21 PM
    I've been working with Google Photos on my android smartphone for over a year I installed Google Photos on the wife's windows 7 laptop. There are several differences that I'm having difficulty with. In the Smartphone version, I can select several photos at a time, and email them with the share command. I could also send photos to multiple recipients in one step. It may be that my email client, Outlook, is not configured properly. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

05-23-2016 01:01 PM
    Threads merged again... Bu my count that is 9 threads total. Please read the advice given above by many users and try to resolve this.

Additionally, since this is at heart a Google Services issue, you may want to try asking in the Android Central forums. I see you are already a member there.
    05-24-2016 11:29 AM
    What is the easiest way to send multiple photos via email. Thanks.

05-24-2016 03:15 PM
    I found a program on the web(Picasa) that Google no longer supports( but it still works. picasa3.9.10.4.exe. How do I do that on windows 7. Thanks

05-26-2016 06:10 PM
    The Picasa app has been discontinued for quite a while now. For those that have had already installed it quite some time ago, it will still work (for a limited time) to allow them time to phase out their photos. But it no longer works for new installs. You're pretty much out of luck if you wish to start using it with a new install. Your only option is to use Google Photos if you're not able to use Picasa.
    05-26-2016 07:26 PM
    Thanks. Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there. Are you saying that reinstalling Picasa (picasa3.9.10.4.exe) won't run?

05-27-2016 07:26 AM
    When I try to send photos via email, the SHARE command doesn't show Outlook, my email service. How do I fix it? Thanks.

05-27-2016 11:41 AM
    Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there.
    Honestly, any photo viewer should find the photos on your hard drive.

Please answer plainly: have you tried any other photo viewer program?
    05-27-2016 12:26 PM
    Thanks. Picasa was running on this laptop. The hard drive had to be replaced but all the photos are still there. Are you saying that reinstalling Picasa (picasa3.9.10.4.exe) won't run?

If you reinstall Picasa, it won't work. Google shut down the ability for any new install to access Picasa which took effect sometime in early March, because the whole project is being shut down. Despite whether you used it before on the same machine, a new install of the Picasa App/Program simply will not work.

Your only option is to use PicasaWeb, to retreive and download your photos/pics. And even PicasaWeb has been downgraded. You can no longer create/edit/modify ablums, nor can you upload or share pics to Picasa anymore.

All of your pics that were stored in Picasa have been cloned to Google Photos. So if you haven't recovered your photos/pics from Picasa to store elsewhere, you can still get them from Google Photos.

Your only option is to either adopt the use of Google Photos, or retreive your photos/pics from Google Photos and upload them to a different service if you choose not to use the Google Photos service and app.

I know that's not the answer you want to hear. :shrug: But that's how it is.
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-27-2016 02:48 PM
    Thanks.

05-31-2016 07:10 AM
37 12