Unknown USB device problem, need help

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
A mysterious Unknown USB Device has appeared which is constantly being connected and then disconnected, just to be connected and then disconnected again... and it goes on. There is the sound of it being connected and disconnected and it's really annoying. A tooltip from the taskbar says "USB device not recognized". This happens even when no USB device is connected.

I have updated the USB drivers but the problem persists.

Have you made any changes to your PC?:
Yes, I have added more RAM yesterday, but this problem started before that, so I can say it isn't because of the new RAM.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
A mysterious Unknown USB Device has appeared which is constantly being connected and then disconnected, just to be connected and then disconnected again... and it goes on. There is the sound of it being connected and disconnected and it's really annoying. A tooltip from the taskbar says "USB device not recognized". This happens even when no USB device is connected.

I have updated the USB drivers but the problem persists.

Have you made any changes to your PC?:
Yes, I have added more RAM yesterday, but this problem started before that, so I can say it isn't because of the new RAM.

Go to control Panel -> System -> Device List, and check if something missing or signaled with a ywllow !, like SD reader , ACPI manager, USB hub

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Go to control Panel -> System -> Device List, and check if something missing or signaled with a ywllow !, like SD reader , ACPI manager, USB hub
Oh, how did I forget to tell that?
Device Manager shows a Unknown USB device under Universal Serial Bus controllers. It has an yellow exclamation sign. This is what connects and disconnects, even when all 4 usb ports are full or nothing is connected. Even if I Disable it or Uninstall it (through its properties), it returns.

gurpreetsingh793

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Oh wait, I just remembered one thing: some years ago the 2 front USB ports stopped working so since then I am using the 4 ports at the back. Could it be related to those front USB ports? BTW their pinouts(or whatever they're called) are disconnected from the motherboard since.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh wait, I just remembered one thing: some years ago the 2 front USB ports stopped working so since then I am using the 4 ports at the back. Could it be related to those front USB ports? BTW their pinouts(or whatever they're called) are disconnected from the motherboard since.

Remove AC plug, and check mobo pins, maybe are dirt on bended togheter.
Why you stopped using that? phisycal damage / do device plugged working?

That could be that, a faulty controller, so o.s. continuosly tries to reinstall it. But try to clean and unbend pins, and re-plug front usb ports, without using that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb