GPU lock up freeze?

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys its been a while since i posted here though im running out of ideas I notice this month my pc randomly freeze even on light usage i notice my display will have weird vertical small tiny red lines in different directions then the pc will freeze follow by a lock up to a black screen for two seconds.

I've updates NVidia drivers. I also have used compress air on all components including GPU all dust gone.

I've went as far as doing a system imagine restore from last clean install with everything preinstalled same result.

Im running a NVidia 660 2gb to gtx by msi. Current temp on idle is 43C. Any suggestions? Thanks.

PC Specs.

Here a pic of my GPU also my PC has 8gb of ram and it has a AMD Phenom II x4 925 clock at 2.8ghz stock. I know my pc is old but dang this is becoming insane. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks so much.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).jpg

Last edited:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Are you still having problems? I was having a similar issue with video freezing and then some message about Windows not being able to access the video processor, or something like that - I don't remember the exact wording. I was usually watching something in VLC player and it would happen, but it would also happen now and then when I was surfing in Edge.

I tried updating all the video drivers (NVIDIA GTX1080's - two in SLI) and it didn't help. I wiped all video drivers and went with the manufacturer's driver for the cards (Gigabyte's), and that didn't really help.

After I updated with the Fall Creator's Update, the problem has never popped up again. I have absolutely no idea what fixed the problem, but after the FCU, the problem disappeared. That's why I'm asking if you're still having your video problem(s), or if it "mysteriously" went away after the FCU (if you did do the FCU).

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Well my NVidia 660 to actually finally died a month ago after getting them pop up and constant lower frame rates no matter what i did. At the end when it was a dead beat I couldn't get drivers to install. I now have a EVGA 1050 ti 4GB since then no issues :). Keep an eye though on your gpu if you see it start popping up that warning you will want to RMA it.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the head's-up. I will keep an eye on things. Sorry to hear about your card (R.I.P.), but glad you're up and running with another new card that I'm sure kicks butt! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99