What win7 apps are needed & ideas

sanka07

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Without wanting to make too many comparisons to the iphone, I think many new windows phone users such as myself would like to see a greater range of affordable apps as are available in Itunes. Its obviously still early days, and the number and types of apps that will be available to us will obviously increase over time.

Some might argue that the games available in Zune marketplace eg, Xbox Live games, are of a higher standard, but I feel that if it wants to thrive with both devs and consumers it needs to offer affordable range of apps.

But want apps would you like to see in Zune marketplace??
Angry Birds HD i hear???

aseddon130

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree on both things you suggest, the games that are Xbox Live enabled are too expensive especially since iTunes games which are basically the same are nearly half the price. ?2.50 for Flight Control is scandalous. I do admit though that even though Rocket Riot was ?5.50 i did actually buy it and i do love it, its a fantastic port.

Angry Birds is also a definate MUST for this platform, i mean if they can get it on Nokia platforms then there's no reason why they can't stick it on WinPhone7.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll second the request for Angry Birds, but on top of that my main wishlist consists of a full Dropbox app and Skype capability

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I was going to say, first person to mention Angry Birds gets banned, but alas, too late. :p

I need a good traffic app that shows the route green/yellow/red, like Traffic! on Android.

• Where's Glympse? Need that.
  • Astronomy program, like Google Sky Map.
  • Package tracker.
  • Reverse phone lookup.

sanka07

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
i agree. a sports app is needed. think i will hold of paying for one and just wait for a decent one to become availible for free such as ESPN, or Sky Sports app over here in the uk. i hope m$ don't expect me to be spending a small fortune on apps.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Games I would like to see: Doom Resurrection, Doom 2 RPG, Wolfenstein RPG, Angry Birds, Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies, Rolando, Hook Champ, Super Hookshot, Words with Friends (alphajax is cool, but it would be cooler to play WFF with iPhone users), Pocket God. If they could pull of a version of Trials HD and Shadow Complex for WP7 I would be all over those too. Can't wait to get off work so I can try out The Harvest.

Also, Openfeint would be cool for games that aren't on XBLA.

Last edited:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see some serioud translation software in more languages thn the MS version has such as Russian.

I would also like to see some nice puzzle and card games such as Free Cell and Minesweeper.

A JP Morgan Chase application would be useful, as well as American Express and other financial institutions.

FjT

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
An ereader like Stanza where I can add my own books, not just books that I purchase like with Kindle reader.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ereaders, NOW.

Stanza or Mobipocket for adding our own.

Nook and Kindle apps are needed ASAP. I pretty much gave up printed books two years ago and I'm itching to.

I would almost say Poynt, which I couldn't live without on my BB, but Bing search is working like a charm so far and might just replace it for me.

Smokexz

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I understand this is a GAMER PHONE, it's sorta official with the market being cramped with quality games and all. Anyways instead of asking for some games I would like to see a lot more apps of quality, yes we have 2,000 + apps already on the market in 2 months, but that doesn't mean Windows Phone 7 has great apps. the majority of them are flashlight apps, and calculators. I would like to see some AIM. Or Gtalk. I understand that there will be Palringo, and IM +(and this means, some pretty big developers from other platforms are going to adopt WP7 which means early adopters shouldn't be too scared of dev support). Anyways, maybe a faster Facebook and Twitter client, Angry Birds, Google Maps, Instant Messaging, and (yes xD) Angry Birds.

Would also like to see the forums app that I loved on Android, Tapatalk. It is so amazing, a lot of sites support it so I can check forums on my device without even turning on the browser. I hope they make something similar for XDA.

Johnny

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a clock live tile app, could be some pretty interesting designs and functions created with that. Wish I could code.

rgraines

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Where should I start.....Tethering, IM+, Sirius Radio App, Business contact manager. I have looked at all apps available now....MS let's be serious! How many shopping lists and flashlight apps do we really need? Let's see some useful apps!

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wonder Reader is really nice, I've been happy with it so far.

That's what I'm using, it just seems a bit slower than what I'm used to and I hate being forced back into the Google ecosystem to read RSS feeds. Oh well. :shrug:

Where should I start.....Tethering, IM+, Sirius Radio App, Business contact manager. I have looked at all apps available now....MS let's be serious! How many shopping lists and flashlight apps do we really need? Let's see some useful apps!

I don't think MS has much to do with tethering, IM+, and Sirius apps not being available..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss