Installing Monopoly

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought Monopoly on the Zune marketplace and I've been having trouble installing it.

I plug my phone in, and Zune launches. If I try to buy Monopoly again, it tells me I've already bought it (so it's not an account issue). But regardless of how long I leave the phone plugged in, the game won't install.

Afterwards, I get a message on my phone telling me there's a pending download (Monopoly), and to either plug in my phone to the PC, or to get to a WiFi spot.

Any ideas? Seems to refuse DL'ing it OTA unless there's WiFi around.

And no, I haven't installed any MicroSD cards or anything else that might give trouble.

mskoog

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have run into this on a few apps. You need to hold your finger down on the download until a screen comes up with a few options - select retry and you should be good to go.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Good to know. I tried it and still gives me the same message, "connect to PC or WiFi". I haven't tried over WiFi, but still the same story over PC. Syncs, but doesn't install the app.

Will post a reply once I try it over WiFi.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, tried what you said.

Same issue happened after getting The Harvest. Won't install it from PC (despite message to do so) or OTA, but definitely installs over WiFi.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
a little off topic,

did you ever get a chance to try monopoly? I am a sucker for board games and could use a good one. if you did, let me know how it turned out!

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
a little off topic,

did you ever get a chance to try monopoly? I am a sucker for board games and could use a good one. if you did, let me know how it turned out!

Yep. It's a very solid adaptation of the beloved classic. Has every feature I could think of, rules customization, ability to play with other humans ("please pass the device to Race Car"). If you're a sucker for Xbox cheevos, it's also an easy 200.

Game crashes on occasion, but it takes all of half a minute to resume and I've never had lost progress. In short, if you're looking for a fun portable board game for the commute or those free 20min, it's downright perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb