Is there going to be another AT&T WM7 Phone?

talnick

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I am a current Tilt 2 user who was eagerly awaiting the new batch of WM7 phones from AT&T. It appears that they did not get the pick of the litter as the HD7 is not available and the "Mondrian" does not appear to be on the horizon. Is there a 1.3 snapdragon utilizing waiting in the wings for AT&T?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I am a current Tilt 2 user who was eagerly awaiting the new batch of WM7 phones from AT&T. It appears that they did not get the pick of the litter as the HD7 is not available and the "Mondrian" does not appear to be on the horizon. Is there a 1.3 snapdragon utilizing waiting in the wings for AT&T?
1.3ghz are not really needed now, no offense. The only thing they would do is drain battery more. Even still, they won't be mass produced till spring or later.

AT&T will probably pick up more devices in the spring. I bet they get the 7 Pro (similar to Tilt 2) as that is CDMA and there is a GSM version. It would be very popular with business.

We also have to see Chassis 2 devices (front qwerty) and supposedly Chassis 3 (unknown).

talnick

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks

Thanks for the quick response, it was very helpful. I will likely go for the surround when my favorite apps have caught up or wait on the "tilt 3"

Are you the stig?

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
With the recent announcement from AT&T that 80% of their network is HSPA+, I'm seriously considering returning my Surround. LTE is a while away, but if HSPA+ is already present, I'd really like to see a Windows Phone that can take advantage of that. It's close enough to 4G for me.

Anyone hear of any HSPA+ capable phones in the pipeline?

JoshP

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

Wasn't the Mondrian realized as the HTC Surround?

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
With the recent announcement from AT&T that 80% of their network is HSPA+, I'm seriously considering returning my Surround. LTE is a while away, but if HSPA+ is already present, I'd really like to see a Windows Phone that can take advantage of that. It's close enough to 4G for me.

Anyone hear of any HSPA+ capable phones in the pipeline?

That's pretty much what i'm thinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb