CES 2011 WP7 announcements?

wmsmartphonekey

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I am wondering since CES 2011 Consumer Electronics Show is only on January 6-9 if Microsoft or AT&T, T-Mobile will be announcing new phone models since that is less than 60 days away.

Not only phone models, will they announce the first WP7 software update?

Any thoughts?

While I wouldn't call models launched only 65 days from initial launch a 2nd generation at all I would think that by June 2011 you'd have a major couple of firmware updates of the WP7 OS...

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think we will see some CDMA action around that time frame, hopefully alot more than the disappointing HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint.

I would also guess we will hear about, if not have, the first software update by CES 2011.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope they show a samsung sprint phone in january,
I have has so many HTC's and I am really not happy with the quality, I have the focus now and its been night and day with quality with the phone ...

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see something headed to VZW hopefully running the second gen snapdragon or better. No physical keyboard and 4-4.3 inch screen

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping they announce a few CMDA phone's. In particular something like the Focus on Verizon. I know Samsung has tweeted that they are working on something for Verizon so let's hope it's even better than their first foray into WP7 (dual core processor, lots of memory and Superamoiled screen!! I cannot wait!!

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they announce a few CMDA phone's. In particular something like the Focus on Verizon. I know Samsung has tweeted that they are working on something for Verizon so let's hope it's even better than their first foray into WP7 (dual core processor, lots of memory and Superamoiled screen!! I cannot wait!!

Unfortunately, I am starting to get the impression that we are not going to see any WP7 LTE announcements at CES. Perhaps something like the exiting handsets. We already know the HTC trophy will be one of the first VZ WP7 phones, which hardly impressive.

I am really hoping when the WP7 phones launch on VZ they will launch something with a FF camera. TI would be so disappointing to see that they are already out of date upon launch.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
there hasn't been any big leaks of WP7 devices which is either a good sign or a bad one.. im hoping for some sprint love and a good sized update along with dates for future updates..

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that was the implication. WP7 CDMA update as of early February, although that seems pretty reasonable as CES is used a platform to announce new products not deliver them same day. As an aging Palm Pre owner I can't wait to get my hands on a new Sprint compatible WP7 device.

Last edited:

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that was the implication. WP7 CDMA update as of early February, although that seems pretty reasonable as CES is used a platform to announce new products not deliver them same day. As an aging Palm Pre owner I can't wait to get my hands on a new Sprint compatibility WP7 device.

u and me both buddy! even tho hps febuary 9th show seems promising...

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
the windows phone fan page on facebook is advertising to watch steve ballmer's keynote live at 9:30 EST... I'm taking that to mean something good and exciting!

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So Balmer still used the phrase "first half of 2011" regaring WP7 CDMA phones. Somebody pease tell me that he's just playing hard to get and really meant by next month.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Disappointed as well
come on ! first half of 2011 for verizon and sprint ?
and I'm sure they are not going to be 4G phones ! what is the hold up ... is Microsoft a Union Shop?

also no real tablet solutions ? no windows embeded tabs no windows phone 7 tabs like we knew and really no windows tabs..

I really love microsot and have backed balmer for quite some time now but its time I think he should go now ..
I wold like to see the creative mind man Mre Belfure
I'm sure I hacked his name but I like his thinking and I think he would have the direction of a windows CE Tab
and also on top of all that I think we saw over the last 3 days
what 10 new android phone and how many android tablets?
MS is getting there buts kicked and we need them to turn it around..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte