Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst

If your considering a new game and haven't gotten this one. Do it! The GPS Bing maps integration is efing nuts! The GPS map provided is real time so if it's night where you are at it is also night in the game. I just DLed it last night. Pulled up my neighborhood/house with the GPS. Made that my base and have been fighting off monsters for about 4 hours! I foresee many hours spent playing this anytime I am idle.

http://www.windowscentral.com/crackdown-2-project-sunburst-now-available

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It isn't real time satellite images, they just darken the images when its night time for the certain location. But yea, great game. I love how I can set up a base anywhere.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It isn't real time satellite images, they just darken the images when its night time for the certain location.

Ohh hush. Thanks for taking some of the fun out of it for me! LOL! None the less great game.
Like you said you can build a base anywhere you want. I just got a kick out of being able to pull up my house, slam a base down right there and get to defend it. Simple and fun.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it just a tower defense game? I tend to get bored with those pretty quickly.

basically yes it is. i can definitely see where someone might. you are stationary and have to stand your ground. there are missions and or objectives that are given to you but you are still stationary. i just thought the twist of you being able to build your fort literally anywhere in the real world was a neat twist and gives it a little be a realism. i still feel its worth a buy @ $2.99

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
It is a ton of fun. First of all, action_efn_jackson, I have been jumping on your turrets, and popping your freaks. You should diversify your turret selection. :)
And that is where a lot of the charm for this title comes from. It straddles the boundry between real life and a video game. Things happen in real time. When you upgrade your guns, it takes real hours.
It's not your typical tower defence game.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It is a ton of fun. First of all, action_efn_jackson, I have been jumping on your turrets, and popping your freaks. You should diversify your turret selection. :)
And that is where a lot of the charm for this title comes from. It straddles the boundry between real life and a video game. Things happen in real time. When you upgrade your guns, it takes real hours.
It's not your typical tower defence game.

as I have jumped on yours too. When I noticed could scroll left or right on that one screen and also defend my peeps bases it brought another level of neatness to the game.

I will probably sale some of my grenade launchers today. Maybe right now!

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had friends to play this game with. :(

It seems pretty easy for a Tower defense game, though. Maybe I just haven't played long enough.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I love the fack that when ur sleeping the freaks keep comming and ur friends can help you out!! i guess this is better if u have friends in diffrent time zones!!!!

if any 1 wants to add me up , my gamer tag is my name on this forum. the second MS lets me buy the freaking game and stops telling me to try back later , starting to PISS ME OFF!!!

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have been playing it for a day and have enjoyed every freak I have slaughtered. Building bases in locations where ever you choose is a huge plus and the fact everything [attempts to] follow roads and paths on the satellite image is pretty impressive. Haven't tried defending a friend's base yet - can see this getting popular as more and more friends try it out.

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the trial a few days ago. I've never played a tower defense game but I like the geolocation concept and the game has a pretty good rating, so I went ahead and purchased it. I was pleasantly surprised to get a "respect my authorit-ah" achievement. Hopefully my poorly-located base won't be overrun when "the freaks come at night". lol

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am totally hooked on this game. I've put bases at all of places I've lived and work. Wicked fun!
My gamer tag is the same as my id here if anyone needs an assist.
You kill my freaks and I'll kill yours.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lmao!! this game is kinda cool

I think its lacking a little , lacking lvl`s for ur towers ( or needs more diffrent upgrades )

i dunno if u unlock anything else asice from MORE bases int he game?? im up to 9 ro something , and its getting a little repetitive , BUT!! I STILL PLAY EVERY DAY!! lol

goign arround at work if any once HOUSe needs protection!! HAHAHAHA

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i know they have upgrades what iwa s really talking about is :

Infinit cash??? i started game with 100million , and lowes ive been is 98 millon , makes it kidna dumb if u ask me no?? and the towers need mreot ype of upgrades , aside from damg and fance.

one thing i dunno how to do doh , how do i see your base??? i added people but the only thing i seem to be able to do is assin people to Towers i have ``Spiral`` Mounting my Motour right now lol U BETTER DO U JOB SOLDIER!!! hahaha ;)

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
one thing i dunno how to do doh , how do i see your base??? i added people but the only thing i seem to be able to do is assin people to Towers i have ``Spiral`` Mounting my Motour right now lol U BETTER DO U JOB SOLDIER!!! hahaha ;)

At the Main Menu, choose 'Play'. Swipe left to view your Friends list and to access all of your friends bases. Swipe left again to access bases that you have been assigned to. On that screen I see Se1fcr3ation's base.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss