Task/To Do list application recommendations

tripower

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I need recommendations for a Task/To Do list app. Is there anything out there that integrates with the Windows Live task list?

Also, is there a free notepad app for jotting down quick notes?

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You have the free notes in the Office instalment, which works perfectly for me with being able to pin the note you created to the start which allows quick and easy access for reading and editing.

Not sure on a given solution that supports synchronisation with Windows Live Tasks. But you can spice things up with Noborizaka, it is a real-life RPG where you are awarded experience points for completing tasks and completing goals. You create the tasks, start and stop depending on when you do them, and mark them as accomplished.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Like Rich said, try using OneNote in the MS Office hub. I love it because it integrates and syncs (instantly) with OneNote on yer computer (if you have Office) so any notes you take throughout the day are already on yer computer waiting for you when you arrive home. I love it.

mrmeyer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Eh, that doesn't work if you have 200+ tasks. I use tasks for everything from "Pay Electric Bill" to "Passport expires Jan 2018." I need the ability to sort and postpone and reschedule tasks.

MS Outlook works great (except the lack of ability to sort by name). And my Live account supports tasks. I don't know why they didn't just sync tasks.

I've tried "Remember the Milk" with varying degrees of success, which has an Outlook connector and WP7 app. But it got out of whack somehow - there are tasks on Outlook that do not appear on RtM.

OneNote only works enough for me to jot down daily notes and transfer them to Outlook later, but still don't have a good solution for getting them back to my phone.

jgfoley

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe that Microsoft wouldn't design WP7 to fully sync with Outlook Task. I'm a Proj. Mngr at a shipyard and subsequently are a heavy user of Task to keep jobs on track. It makes one wonder, why is it called an upgrade from WM6.5 to WP7 when you loose essential functions if you do upgrade?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You have the free notes in the Office instalment, which works perfectly for me with being able to pin the note you created to the start which allows quick and easy access for reading and editing.

Not sure on a given solution that supports synchronisation with Windows Live Tasks. But you can spice things up with Noborizaka, it is a real-life RPG where you are awarded experience points for completing tasks and completing goals. You create the tasks, start and stop depending on when you do them, and mark them as accomplished.

I love Noborizaka. I just wish you could edit your tasks online, or with a keyboard in some fashion. Also, it reset itself once. That was annoying. :/

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Windows Live Calendar includes a to-do list which is pretty lame but is maybe adequate for my needs. But although WP7 synchs nicely with the Calendar, it doesn't connect with the to-do list. In fact I couldn't even find that list on the Windows Live mobile site. And there's no app.

Surely I am missing something obvious?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe that Microsoft wouldn't design WP7 to fully sync with Outlook Task. I'm a Proj. Mngr at a shipyard and subsequently are a heavy user of Task to keep jobs on track. It makes one wonder, why is it called an upgrade from WM6.5 to WP7 when you loose essential functions if you do upgrade?

Might want to give WinMilk a try. It's free and syncs with Internet based RememberTheMilk (also free). If you want to sync your desktop Outlook with RTM, you can get the Premium version for $25/year. WinMilk syncs every time you open so you don't lost anything. Also supports recurring tasks, email, text reminders, categories and tags. Been using it since November. A Live Tile has been promised for a while.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried 'GoGetter'? supports dropbox. i'm thinking about trying it out. there is a try before you buy.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Appa mundi requires an exchange server, which I dont have.

actually, no it does not. I just purchased the appamundi app. It works quite well with my live id. All you need is to enter your windows live id, password, and the server setting: m.hotmail.com and it will sync your tasks.

The paid version will also display # of tasks on a live tile.

in emailing support, I was advised 1.7 would have more functionality. I have an exchange server account and couldn't get it to work. But effortless with my live id.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs