NewsRoom

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was on lifehacker reading up on their best apps for WP7. There was a app called "NewsRoom" that's pretty much a RSS reader. It's pretty great to have one spot to check on all your favorite sites. I use it mainly for tech and sports sites, and it works like a champ. It's pricey for a app, $4.99, but I's pretty slick.

PS: It also has a free trail available.

mrmeyer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying it out now. One great feature is the full news feed available, even on those "teaser" rss feeds that want you to go to the website.

The reason this is important for me is when I travel, there's no date plan on a plane or overseas. There's nothing worse than reading an article that's only 1 paragraph long and ends with something like "... and the world will end unless people ..." and you can't click the article.

Newsroom downloads the entire article, and with the push of a button will display the entire article. I turned "flight mode" on to verify the entire article really is there.

I haven't paid for any apps yet - I like the number "free" - but I'm probably going to pay for this one. I've been waiting a long time on WinMo 6.1 for a reader that did this.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have this on my Palm webOS phone and its a great app. It has a well designed interface and the ability to browse full articles right in the app itself without opening a browser (although that is an option). Highly recommended.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I used it on my PPP (Palm Pre Plus) and it was excellent. Better than anything I found for iOS. Having it on WP7 is a boon to the platform.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Based on the reviews Newsroom for WP7 isn't as refined as it is for webOS and isn't getting high-marks. The alternative app mentioned is called "Weave", fwiw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs