Netflix gone from marketplace?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The marketplace in general is just an awful experience right now. Freezing / crashing / search. It needs serious work and hopefully the jan/feb update solves a lot of these issues

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
When I search for NetFlix, mine comes with with T-Mobile Netflix. So search results must be filtered by device as well.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't find it either. I installed it previously and it still works. Glad because I do watch it from time to time at work. I know I can stream it online but its funner thinking I'm being more sneaky on my WP7. LOL

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It's there. It's just not coming up in search.

On the 15th, I browsed the Entertainment category in apps and Netflix was the second app listed under "free". Selecting it will take you to the app's page, as usual. (I already have the app installed, so "share" is the only option listed on the app page, not certain that it's available for download). As of today, I'm still able to find it by browsing.

Searching for "Netflix" returns several movie-related apps including IMDb, but not Netflix, as you guys have noted. I remember that keyword search was added a while ago, so I searched for "movies". Many different apps (and songs and artists) were listed in the results, including IMDb and Flixster, but, once again, no Netflix. I took a look at the apps that were listed as "Related" to Netflix and none of them were moview-related. I did the same for IMDb and Fandango and none of those apps were movie-related- they just seemed to be random popular Entertainment apps. Not very useful.

The Marketplace definitely needs some tweaking. I'm taken aback that Microsoft hasn't at least released an update that fixes the Marketplace bug and the poorly implemented (and broken?) Marketplace Search.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
dang, i reset my phone and am now trying to reinstall my apps (one by one, after writing them all down, nice) and the phone won't find netflix. The zune interface on the computer finds it, but it says "already purchased" with no option to redownload/install...

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
dang, i reset my phone and am now trying to reinstall my apps (one by one, after writing them all down, nice) and the phone won't find netflix. The zune interface on the computer finds it, but it says "already purchased" with no option to redownload/install...

The zune software should have had a list off all the stuff you downloaded and it should also let you redownload the app

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The zune software should have had a list off all the stuff you downloaded and it should also let you redownload the app

It should, but it doesn't. Instead, I get a list of downloaded apps, and the message:

"Here's everything you've bought at the app marketplace. To restore an app to your phone, please visit the app marketplace on your phone."

Sigh

Anyway, I took the advice above, and browsed around in the "entertainment" section until I found it...the pains of an early adopter ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss