I need "OneNote for WP7 for Dummies"

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I desperately want to make use of this program but lack the knowledge to do so effectively.

I even went out and bought Office 2010 for my computer, thinking I needed it, but it *seems* to only work/sync with Skydrive (another thing I could use some knowledge on).

Any hints or links that mught get me pointed in the right direction?

Signed, Frustrated.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Syncing OneNote 2010 to SkyDrive

I am still waiting for my WP7 device to arrive, but maybe I can help with OneNote itself. I use OneNote 2010 on one of my work PCs. I save/sync it to my SkyDrive account.

For initial setup I think I went under the Home Tab of OneNote and near the bottom is the option to "Save to Web". It should prompt you for your Windows Live ID. Then save within your SkyDrive account. After initial setup it syncs by itself if you are logged into Windows Live. (If not the icon lets you know and prompts for your ID and password.)

If it doesn't directly lead you through, note the specific document address of the OneNote book that you want sync up. Then from your Hotmail account, roll over the "Windows Live" text in the upper left-hand corner. Within the drop-down box should be "Skydrive". From there find "add files" and select your OneNote book.

I'm too cheap to spring for OneNote 2010 for my home PC so I just re-open it from my SkyDrive and select "Edit In Browser". Otherwise it shows the option to "Open in OneNote 2010". Either way it is great to have all my work notes with me at home. (And on my phone, hopefully soon.)

I would imagine that syncing up OneNote Mobile should be just as painless. I used it on my old Touch Pro, and as archaic as it was compared to the WP7 version, I used it all of the time. I just didn't know how to sync it up back then.

I make it sound confusing, but once you get into it, it shouldn't be too bad.
Let me know if I missed a step and left you hanging!

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey-thanks BurnEthanol for the help!

Did as suggested and now have OneNote syncing to Skydrive!

However, the only Notebook that syncs to my phone is the "Personal (Web)" one.

*scratches head*

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh, but hey...I can drag folders (or whatever they're called) from the "Work" and "Personal" Notebooks pre-set up on OneNote down to the Personal (Web) Notebook and they all sync.

Now I have a starting point to work from/with.

*Happydance*

Thanks!! :D

Last edited:

ensamvarg

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Cdub66,

You can also browse to your skyDrive using IE on your phone. Once you click on whichever oneNote notebook you want it will download and sync it to the Office App. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss