So how's everyone liking 4th & Mayor?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I really like it. Its functional and it looks amazing. I don't have anything to compare it to on WP as I was never able to log in to the official app, but this is way nicer than the Android version.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Never been much of a Foursquare user, living in the country and all, but I love the interface. I think I'll take the fact that I'm one of a few Foursquare users around here to become mayor of EVERYTHING.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Great app, but I've noticed that it no longer posts to facebook, but is still posting to twitter and foursquare.com....hmm... I must've changed something.... but I'm not sure...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want the official to come back out. it looks nice but some places don't come up when I search for it, but the official app always found it. too bad I deleted it.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 via Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what foursquare is. I don't even know how to use twitter.
it's like 'Places' for FaceBook. you check-in to spots you go to and if you go enough times, you can become the Mayor. some establishments offer rewards/discounts for mayors and frequent patrons.

densbucs

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
How to join

I installed fourth and mayor, but i'm not sure how to join???? I tap on 'join four square' and then i'm taken to a login screen. Then i select 'join now' and i'm brought to an 'itunes' page??? WHat does itunes have to do with it????:confused:

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I installed fourth and mayor, but i'm not sure how to join???? I tap on 'join four square' and then i'm taken to a login screen. Then i select 'join now' and i'm brought to an 'itunes' page??? WHat does itunes have to do with it????:confused:

I signed out of the app to test this. I clicked "Join 4sq" and it brought me to a screen that gives me the option of either signing up through Facebook or through email. Both links worked correctly. I don't know why yours is redirecting you to iTunes...they have nothing to do with each other. Try signing up online, and then signing in on the app (although foursquare is down at the moment).

I love the 4th & Mayor app. It's clean, pretty, and easy to use. It does have some things to work out, however. Sometimes when I select "Nearby Places," it seems to still be stuck in the area I was in previously. I have to wait for it to refresh (and usually the refresh button does nothing) before I can find where I want to check into. I also wish it had a "Add Venue" feature for when the place I'm in hasn't been listed yet. One other thing I've noticed is that I don't always receive the correct amount of points if I've been checking in to a lot of places. One time I received 0 points for checking into a venue that I was the Mayor of, and I think it was because I had just checked in there about 20 minutes before that (I had left, checked in somewhere else, and then came back). This is probably just an anti-spam feature that foursquare uses, but it's annoying sometimes.

Last edited:

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time, I too wish the add a location was up and running.. I also get the slow location updates.. But other than that the only thing I would like is options for notifications on the home screen or at least on the tile.. Right now I have to get an email about a comment then exit out and head into 4th and mayor. I'm sure once mango drops its will gain more functionality, or who knows maybe MS will integrate it somehow into the native apps ( which would be cool )

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft released a statement saying that they are building a brand new "official" foursquare app. Since theirs failed, they have made 4th & Mayor the "official" app, so it seems that they are going to try and make a fully functional one that will out-do 4th & Mayor.

...Over the last year, we have discovered and learned from many of you that Windows Phone 7 is a great leap for Microsoft. In the spirit of this, foursquare will soon unveil a new foursquare mobile app that will take advantage of some of the unique capabilities, features, and experience for Windows Phone 7.

Until then, we encourage you to explore a great foursquare application, built by a 3rd party developer, called 4th and Mayor. It includes rich functionality like photos, comments, new leaderboards, the Explore feature! Download it today by visiting https://foursquare.com/apps/ and clicking on the Windows Phone logo in the upper right corner of the page.

Keep up the enthusiasm, keep up the dedication, and we will continue to keep you posted as we continue to develop the new official foursquare mobile app for Windows Phone 7.

Let's hope a live tile is included. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven