Google Voice apps question

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a current android user, considering a wm7 phone as my next upgrade. One thing I love about android is the solid GV integration. I give everyone my gv number, so this is a critical feature to me.

It sounds like there are a number of 3rd party GV apps and there is relatively little information on how they work. I'm wondering how seamlessly they can be used. I.e. am I required to open the application, then select "make a call," then search for my contact- OR, will a GV app be able to be used as my default dialer, and everytime I call someone it automatically dials via GV?

Thanks for helping a guy on the fence!

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had some of the same concerns switching over and unfortunately I havent found any app that's as good as the integration on Android. GoVoice has been the nicest app I've used so far but in order to call with your GV number you still have to open the app and dial from there.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you'll have to open the app. I also use GV voice and I like it. I don't think you'll find tighter intergrating with a different OS. It's their bread and butter.

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for the info. That is a bummer about about the gv apps, but not surprising since android is google's platform afterall. It may be possible for me to avoid this altogether because I'm on sprint. It looks like I'll be able to port my GV number to my sprint account from google, so at least my number will be displayed as my GV number and I'll be able to receive calls via that number. That's my biggest concern anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster