Fable Coin Golf might be the Angry Birds of WP7

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you have not tried Fable Coin Golf you need to hit up the marketplace now and get to downloadin'. I just finished the trial, and already this game is flat-out the best thing on WP7 that I have seen yet. It is a perfect phone game. Forget if you have or even like Fable III or not (I don't have it), this game is worth it all by itself. Awesome graphics and sound, smooth framerate, polished interface, innovative gameplay, hilarious dialog, medal system which gives replay value like Angry Birds...this game has everything. Really, I am blown away by the quality of this title.

Soaked

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It's fun but I only want the golf part. Not really a fan with all the other things in it (story, etc.). Still wondering if I should buy it....

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried the demo last night and it was pretty fun. I can see it getting addicting trying to get the best score possible on the levels. Speaking of levels, how many are in the full game? I can't look up anything related to games at work...

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed the trial but before I buy It I would like to know how long of a game it is, and if they will update it with new levels in the future.
I'm cheap.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I suppose the idea is to keep going back to try to improve your score on each table. I agree that this could be the Angry Birds of WP7, but only if it receives regular updates and new iterations like AB does. As it stands, Ideaworks Game Studio does not even list it on their website.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The game has some good graphics and is unique, but I can't get into the game. Unless you're going for gold, the levels aren't that hard to beat... And from the demo they seem like they're on the short side. I wish the levels were either longer or the game was more challenging and unforgiving.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh. Keep playing. I'm stuck and getting peeved. It most definitely gets tougher.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
A "randomize table" function would be pretty badassed. Or a function where we could create tables of our own and let others download them to try (a la Little Big Planet).

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Anyone else finding the game short lived? It took me about three hours to finish it. Fantastic game but I hope MSFT offers additional chapters on down the line.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The game has some good graphics and is unique, but I can't get into the game. Unless you're going for gold, the levels aren't that hard to beat... And from the demo they seem like they're on the short side. I wish the levels were either longer or the game was more challenging and unforgiving.

The demo is not the full game. The levels do get increasingly more difficult in the real game.

And, what is great is that the trial levels are NOT exactly the same as the first levels in the full game. Love it when developers do that!

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I got the trial, and I don't think it's up there with Angry Birds. It's a good game, and the graphics are good, but I don't feel the replay value of this game is good enough for me.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else finding the game short lived? It took me about three hours to finish it. Fantastic game but I hope MSFT offers additional chapters on down the line.

I think people will get more out of it if they have other Coin Golf owners on their Xbox Live friends lists. After every hole, the game automatically shows your top 3 friends' scores, so there's great incentive/reminder to practice and try for a better score.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077