The Facebook App sucks.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It's extremely nice, if you're into waiting 15 seconds before you start touching it.

It looks beautiful, but I hope Microsoft makes some steps to improve its speed. Whether I'm on wifi or 3G, it always hangs there for a few seconds, and if you try to swipe across to early it sort of just wigs out.

It's sort of embarrassing to talk up how fast the phone is, but then pop open Facebook and watch it stutter something fierce.

The Android app is not nearly as fun, but it's simply much much faster. It was developed by Facebook, maybe it's just more lightweight...but if Microsoft is gonna do the Facebook app themselves, they need to speed it up.

The Facebook integration is nice, but if you want to check out what's happening during your various activities , you will need to open the app.

Or if you just want to creep on people.

Which is very bad.

Very bad.

Don't do it.

No, you can do it if you want.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Its probably due to the fact that it has to load aaaall the data EVERY time you open it, I'm sure once multitasking comes around (and by the time that gets here hopefully the app will have received some performance updates as well) when not having to update data all the time it should be a lot better...

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the app needs to cache data or something. It's probably pulling more down than it needs to...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the FB app is better on WP7. I don't find it "that" slow. The android FB app is clunky and and all over the place. I don't mind waiting 5 more seconds.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just use the people app. Plus touch.facebook.com is a pretty decent mobile site. To be honest, I have always been amazed at how ****ty the Facebook mobile action is. All of it, regardless of platform, seems to be pretty buggy and subpar.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have mine set to automatically refresh every 3 minutes and I never exit out it still takes a couple of seconds to become responsive but all the data is usually there

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just use the people app. Plus touch.facebook.com is a pretty decent mobile site. To be honest, I have always been amazed at how ****ty the Facebook mobile action is. All of it, regardless of platform, seems to be pretty buggy and subpar.

I agree, on my BB it was a memory hog and always had some kind of major bug with every update. On WP7, the facebook app is so slow and it crashes when I click on the Notifications icon in the top right corner. The touch site is blazing fast and seems to offer enough features for me, and the People hub is good enough for a quick glance at what is going on and posting comments/status updates.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set to automatically refresh every 3 minutes and I never exit out it still takes a couple of seconds to become responsive but all the data is usually there
How is the battery life on your phone when you're doing that?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

wait hold on a minute... touch.facebook.com works for you? It has never worked for me I thought there was some browser incompatibility issues... m.facebook.com however; works perfectly fine...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
wait hold on a minute... touch.facebook.com works for you? It has never worked for me I thought there was some browser incompatibility issues... m.facebook.com however; works perfectly fine...

my apologies, you are correct. It is m.facebook.com that I have been using.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That's really weird that it doesn't work... all of the links do nothing, except the log out link. Brings me back to my earlier statement about how strange it is that all Facebook mobile apps seem to suck, lol.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
People need to remember that Facebook itself isn't the most stable and reliable being on Earth. I hate the site with a passion and always hear complaints on every platform (including desktop OS) that it's either slow or not working. It's already had problems on WP7 so far with the https issue etc. and while I agree that the speed of the app could be worked on, I'd rather Microsoft sort out the Youtube app first (battle with Google on rights of access), lol.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for iPhone was pretty flawless. Wp7 app is a close second. Its messy for Android. Its a shame that MS own app isn't getting updated properly. I'll take twitter integration next, over YouTube. Supertube is pretty awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
People need to remember that Facebook itself isn't the most stable and reliable being on Earth. I hate the site with a passion and always hear complaints on every platform (including desktop OS) that it's either slow or not working. It's already had problems on WP7 so far with the https issue etc. and while I agree that the speed of the app could be worked on, I'd rather Microsoft sort out the Youtube app first (battle with Google on rights of access), lol.

The WP7 app just moves, really, really slow.

You log into the Android app, and it looks alright, but is very quick. It's easy to drag up your notifications.

Just logging into Facebook and going to your news feed is super slow on WP7.

And again, when I first got Android, I actually used touch.facebook until Facebook updated their app to iOS parity.

But touch.facebook doesn't seem to work on the WP7 IE browser.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't ever use the facebook app on WP7, I always use the people hub and if I want to look at pictures, the picture hub I removed the app, I asked my wife the other day the same question if she liked the facebook app I installed for her, she told me she never uses it, she just uses the people hub, but she did say she wishes it refreshes in the background instead of everytime she goes in it loads..
no big deal..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99