WP7 failing to update apps

Qu3uk

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm pretty sure since I updated to NODO I have not been able to update my apps via marketplace.

For a start there are two apps that require updating and has been since I can remember. Updating them via the phone, the update downloads and says it installs yet quickly appear in the update list shortly afterwards.

This has gone on for weeks now. The two apps are Facebook and Hexic Rush.

Uninstalling the apps and reinstalling doesn't seem to fix the problem as well. I would assume it would if it then downloads the latest version?

HTC HD7 / o2 / UK

Any ideas?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm pretty sure since I updated to NODO I have not been able to update my apps via marketplace.

For a start there are two apps that require updating and has been since I can remember. Updating them via the phone, the update downloads and says it installs yet quickly appear in the update list shortly afterwards.

This has gone on for weeks now. The two apps are Facebook and Hexic Rush.

Uninstalling the apps and reinstalling doesn't seem to fix the problem as well. I would assume it would if it then downloads the latest version?

HTC HD7 / o2 / UK

Any ideas?

if you uninstall and then install again, you should have the latest version of the app.

also, are they trials? if so, that may be your problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Qu3uk

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
if you uninstall and then install again, you should have the latest version of the app.

also, are they trials? if so, that may be your problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Not trial versions, facebook is free and I have paid for the game.

Uninstalling them and restarting the phone and installing them, has probably made it worse. The versions are still old as Hexic is still saying there is an update available, however within the market place is saying there are no updates available..

Also I've noticed the Marketplace features app has been the same for about 3 weeks, the gold game, cant remember its full name. I thought it was suppose to change each week...

I guess I am going to do a factory reset...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
try downloading those updates through Zune desktop.

then sync.

if that doesn't work, do the factory reset.

Steamin

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue. A factory reset cured it. ATT rep said one of my downloads was corrupt and had glitched the works. (I love technical jargon.)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
try downloading those updates through Zune desktop.

Curious. How do you download an update, or install an app through Zune Marketplace desktop I have nearly 200 apps and haven't figured that one out yet. I purchase through Zune Desktop but I still download/install via my phone. In a few cases an app auto-installed after purchasing, but that has been like 1 in 40/50.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
None of my pending updates ever succeed. I've given up.

If the apps are trials, you have to delete the app and reinstall the updated version. A bug that Microsoft is working on.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If the apps are trials, you have to delete the app and reinstall the updated version. A bug that Microsoft is working on.

Been wondering if NoDo changed this because I think (not positive) I've had trial app update post NoDo.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Been wondering if NoDo changed this because I think (not positive) I've had trial app update post NoDo.
I have read that some say it does and some say it doesn't. I don't keep trials very long, either dump or buy within a day so can't say either way. Hope so though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven