Announcing the Official WPCentral app for Windows Phone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait! I've been searching the marketplace for it ever since the first announcement. Now I know why I haven't found it :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations Jay, purchased it straight away. Only moan I have is about the coloured background gradients, they look awful on the Super Amoled screen, but that's not your fault.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations Jay, purchased it straight away. Only moan I have is about the coloured background gradients, they look awful on the Super Amoled screen, but that's not your fault.

I agree with you for the Apps section and maybe Review, the Games and News look ok though (I have an Omnia 7 as well), as you know this is the NoDo colour banding issue I suspect it will be improved by Mango.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Isn't that a limitation of Super Amoled though ? Don't think Mango will improve it. It's unimportant anyway, the content is the most important.

And i'm loving it so far. (Watching for my first live tile update LOL)

(I love the little vibrate when loading is complete, never seen/felt that in an app before) :)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
(I love the little vibrate when loading is complete, never seen/felt that in an app before) :)

That was Daniel's idea so I'll give credit to him there!

One thing I'd better just mention now on the forums, there is a known incompatibility with our app and the instant resume/dehydration hack out there for homebrew, you'll find that the app crashes when you try to resume to it. Rest assured we will support the official Mango task switching but I can't make any promises for supporting homebrew configurations

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

That screen has been a WPC/WMExperts screen for a very long time I don't see it going away any time soon. I hope Mango fixes the gradient if not I will have to look at doing something to fix the background used on the Forums.

I got my copy installed the full version so don't ask me any questions about the trial I didn't try it first. ;) Got it pinned to the start already this app is sure going to make my life a lot easier. Keeping up with the latest WP news just got a lot easier.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got the paid version. Love it so far. Any way to mke the tile follow the theme scheme.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the paid version. Love it so far. Any way to mke the tile follow the theme scheme.

The tile should be following the theme scheme at the top (mine certainly does) as we use a transparent background so it inherits whatever accent colour you've used. Or have I misunderstood your request?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
On the home screen, the tile is blue. My them color is red. With tiles like email, text, phone, if I change the theme to green, those tiles change to green also.
The tile should be following the theme scheme at the top (mine certainly does) as we use a transparent background so it inherits whatever accent colour you've used. Or have I misunderstood your request?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm should my Live tile have updated with the new posted article ? or am i being far too premature ? :)

(The wpcentral tile doesn't change here either for the various colour themes, it remains blue no matter what theme colour you use)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Now that is interesting... Are you using any third party/homebrew modifications to your phone? Particularly in the theme area? Certainly for me when I change the theme colour the tile title changes to match as it did with all our testers...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
@Bear no the tile is controlled by the editors here at WPCentral and will update only if they publish out a new tile if they decide a story is worth bothering your start screen with :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh. Yeah I'm using accent.color. I'll switch to a default color.

Yeah my live tile didn't update me of the new article either. But its not need I guess for the WPcntral app. I've been checking it every 5 minutes.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
@Bear no the tile is controlled by the editors here at WPCentral and will update only if they publish out a new tile if they decide a story is worth bothering your start screen with :)

Cheers Jay, and no homebrewing going on here whatsoever. (I use blue theme anyway so not too bothered but just changed it to purple to verify if it changed or not and it didn't)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh. Yeah I'm using accent.color. I'll switch to a default color.

Yeah my live tile didn't update me of the new article either. But its not need I guess for the WPcntral app. I've been checking it every 5 minutes.

Cool let me know if that sorts it, I won't be able to do anything to help if it's a third party colour scheme, all the tile does is use transparency so the OS fills in your colour scheme. If the colouring is altered then it will likely be using whatever the last default colour you used was

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Cheers Jay, and no homebrewing going on here whatsoever. (I use blue theme anyway so not too bothered but just changed it to purple to verify if it changed or not and it didn't)

Hmm, not sure what to suggest there my friend, I've just gone through changing every single accent colour and all worked flawlessly. Just to check, you are seeing the live tile image? (currently "Now available: the official WPCentral app for Windows Phone 7")

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's just the white circle with WP in the midle and WPCentral text underneath. What is strange is that being supposedly transparent, it has a gradient background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel