Focus @ the Gym

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am gym rat. The only reason I can drag myself to the gym five days a week is listening to music while I work out. For the last few years I have been using a cheap, generic mp3 player. But with people getting in trouble for illegal downloads etc, services like Bearshare and Limewire have went the way of the wayside.

Now that I own a Focus and Zune Pass I would like to take advantage of this by being able to listen to music via my Focus while I work out. My question is has anyone seen a case that would be more suitable for the gym? I swore I would never be one of those guys with an iPod strapped around my arm but at this point if I found a similar case that would work on the Focus I would be willing to be that guy. Otherwise a case with a clip on the back of it that I could clip onto my pants/shorts would work as well.

Many of you may be saying "just throw it in your pocket and call it good." Well...I am usually either wearing shorts that don't have pockets, or warm-up pants that have very loose pockets that the phone would fall out of more often than stay in it. Just don't to beat the crap out of my phone at the gym if at all possible.

If anyone has seen anything similar to what I described I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

EDIT

After searching online a bit I have found a few of the big old armband holders. Just wondering if anyone has tried anything yet that they recommend over another.

Last edited:

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, pockets will not work. Same issues here.

I honestly just gave up and got a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and leave the phone in by bag near by. The headphones have volume controls and skip forward and backward on it, etc, so I can still change tracks, etc.

Do not have a Zune pass, so not sure how well it works on that. We will probably be getting a Zune pass soon, though.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend popping for a Zune HD before using your phone. More space for music and you don't have to worry about being too rough. Also you'll probably have a better chance of finding an armband that fits.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i usually leave mine on the treadmill/bike/elliptical machine's little stand area when doing cardio.

maybe look for some generic armband cases for the galaxy s line, as they might make them for that since there are so many and they are popular, the focus should basically fit into any case made for them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett