Samsung Infuse 4G + WP7 = hit or miss?

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would you be interested in a WP this big?

Maybe I'm the only one, but if Samsung released an Infuse 4G equivalent with WP7 I'd sell my left arm for it. That is the most tempting Android device I've ever seen. If you can't see it in person, here's a video that shows a quick look at it. The video does it no justice though.

YouTube - ‪Samsung Infuse 4G Review‬‏

1st minute describes the hardware. I didn't watch the rest.

Anyway, fingers crossed! :D

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The pixel density would be horrible... I have an issue with it not being dense enough, that actually is my only issue with my HD7 (and that's only 4.3" I wouldn't wanna imagine 4.5"). I might move down to 4.0" next time around...

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was under the assumption that pixel density/ resolution would be bumped up in Mango. Is that not the case or has it not been discussed?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It was reported that Samsung is making a 4.5" Wp7. I have a friend with a 5" streak, and its awesome. I think that's as high as I could go with phone.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was under the assumption that pixel density/ resolution would be bumped up in Mango. Is that not the case or has it not been discussed?
Resolution has stayed the same. There used to be a "low-end" resolution but that one was clipped and the only one remaining is the current 480x800. Which beyond 4.3" it makes dead pixels or stuck pixels increasingly apparent. Where as 3.7-4.0 pixels are so small its very difficult to tell if you have any therefore keeping screen brilliance good without those pesky stuck/dead pixels. Those things get on my nerves.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
If they did change the maximum resolution in WP (making it scalable) and the manufacturers increased the pixel density accordingly, I'm sure there would be plenty who'd want one. If it looked pretty enough, I might even want it even without a physical keyboard.

undead swagger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yesssss, i would die for a 4.5, i just love big displays. I have a samsung focus and i love this thing but 4.0 is the smallest i would ever go and even then i find myself playing on my wifes 4.3 android a lot. On the flip side tho she likes my display more and says 4.0 will be the biggest she will go next time.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I mean really? 4.5"? At this point I'm starting to wonder where that line between smartphone and tablet is.
I know what you mean. I thought the Dell Streak was just a tablet, but, apparently, it's considered a hybrid. Maybe, once the width becomes larger than 3.5" or something, it's a full-blown tablet.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
4.3 and a non-pentile display is about as bug as I want to go, particularly with WVGA. I've been trying the HD7 and it's a seriously tempting crossgrade from the Focus. I hate the feel of the camera button and I'm not sure if I could deal with the poor screen updating on the display. Try scrolling through the app list and watch the titles of the apps fade. Still, the size and the solid feel of the device keep taunting me.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I definitely think 4.5" is the biggest I would ever go. But has anyone held the device? It's 0.2" larger than the Focus and 0.2" wider and 0.03" thinner. I definitely don't think that makes a tablet; a large phone, but not a tablet. However, I do define the Dell Streak as a tablet because of how un-ergonomic it is to hold in one hand. You can actually use the Infuse with one hand.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Super Amoled plus is not doing it for me. I don't know why it doesn't look as good for me, because Amoled looks great but every time I get an infuse in my hands, I compare it to my phone etc... and it doesn't look that much better.

That being said, it has a great camera and is incredibly light weight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99