Smart Dialer

chanmanx2k

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How are you guys using the stock dialer? Let me list out my steps to dial a non favorited contact.

1. hit dialer
2. Hit address book
3. Hit Search
4. Type name
5. Hit corresponding contact
6. Hit Call Mobile.

Coming from an HTC Android, there was a smart dialer. A smart dialer has been a heaven sent and have no idea why every OS does not make this standard. I have tried Dialer 7 from the appstore and it is probably the best free smart dialer. But it still isnt perfect.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here is how I do call someone

1) tap button on Bluetooth
2) say "call (persons name) on mobile"

That's it

I get what you are saying thought. I had to change my thinking process I was used to looking up the contact all the time using the steps you described. Once I started using voice command for everything it all got a lot easier.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Like Big D5 stated, voice is the easiest way and all you need to do is press/hold your Windows (center) button to get there.

I have tried several Favorite dialer apps, all either free or 0.99. Agree, the are all lacking something. Currently using Speed Dialer v1.1, which allows you to load multiple numbers for the same contact and displays photos properly. Good for handling 10-20 of your favorites to quick dial.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Voice dialing will get useful when we can finally add "on speaker."
Still way too much empty space and way too many clicks to get to speaker.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Why not just start directly at the People hub instead of going Phone -> People? You'll at least save 1 step that way.

There's really no reason to go into the Phone tile unless you need to check voicemail or manually dial a number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo