IS Angry Birds coming out Tomorow ?

litepink

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does it have less levels than the Chrome version? I enjoyed the game on the Browser.

The Chrome version contains one episode, and one one bonus Chrome exclusive episode. That's 63+7, a total of 70 levels.

The Windows Phone 7 version of Angry Birds will be identical to the PSP Mini version in terms of levels. This will include four episodes, ending with "The Big Setup" totaling 195 levels, so well over a 100 more than the Chrome version. What makes this version unique however is the inclusion of Xbox Live Achievements (20 Achievements for 200 points) The price tag will be the absolute lowest price a regular priced Xbox Live phone game can be priced at: $2.99 (and the equivalent minimum in your country). It will be out tomorrow, this was confirmed with the "Must Have Games" promotion. This is the last title of the promotion.

The real winner here I think is the iPhone owners of the game. 99 cents for the most supported/updated version of the game. This means the entire fifth episode "Ham Em High" which is 45 levels, and the newest episode "Mine and Dine" with just 15 levels currently but with more to come. That's 255 levels with more to come. There's also Angry Birds Seasons (99 cents with many many updates) and Angry Birds Rio (99 cents as well, with new levels unlocked monthly). All support the "Game Center Achievements" a seperate achievement system that copies the Xbox in just about every way.

I adore this game on iPhone but I'm buying it again on WP7 for the achievements. It will be fun going through the game again on my Surround :)

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It's missing a chapter of levels or something.

I'm not going to cry too hard over it. 120 levels is pretty good. I'm kinda miffed, as usual, about the steeper price because of the Live fee though. Won't stop me from buying it, but it would have been nice to get a more complete version for the price or something.

Edit: Whoops. 195 levels. Just read litepink's post. I knew I heard it was missing some free iPhone content or something though. Guess it was those two chapters.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This is one long demo, jeez.

I'm finding the game excellent right now. I'm pretty sure is not as smooth as the IOS version but how does it compare to the Android ones? It's so much better than the browser one.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't get how Microsoft expects to compete with other platforms by not pricing their apps and games competitively.

Angry birds is like $3 on WP7 but it's free on Android. Angry Birds is a fun game and all but I don't know if I would spend $3 on it, at least after enjoying it for free on Android.

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't get how Microsoft expects to compete with other platforms by not pricing their apps and games competitively.

Angry birds is like $3 on WP7 but it's free on Android. Angry Birds is a fun game and all but I don't know if I would spend $3 on it, at least after enjoying it for free on Android.

So you would gladly spend $3 for example, a pint of Beer but not on a game???

You are paying for the offering of Achievements in these games. thats why they cost more.

Last edited:

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The biggest problem is probably that users simply don't have a choice. Even if you really don't give a crap about the achievement system, you HAVE to pay that premium.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I suspect the makers of the game decide at the outset how much they think they need to make off the game, and price it accordingly. WP has a vastly smaller user base than iOS. It's like the difference between buying a groceries at milk at Wal-mart versus buying groceries at your locally owned market.

Which isn't to say that the price point for software and games in general has been off for decades, because it has. That's another story.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to pay, just don't buy it. Give the free trial a twirl and move on.
The biggest problem is probably that users simply don't have a choice. Even if you really don't give a crap about the achievement system, you HAVE to pay that premium.
Free angry birds on android is horrible with those ads constantly on the part of the screen where the game is being paid. I mean really, is 3,4,5...10 bucks too much for something that devs have put time and effort in. [this isn't directed towards you, just a thought] I

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubt I'm in the minority, but I think the entire pricing structure of these apps and games has been out of wack from the start. It's no wonder some of the apps, not only on wp7 but other platforms, are so bad. People actually complain about paying 3 dollars for a good app. 3 dollars. That's less than one lunch.

edit: and I'm not talking about being out of wack on wp7, I'm talking about being out of wack from the start of this whole 'app store' phenomenon

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I can think of a thousand things that cost $3 and probably won't provide me with as much fun as these games would. What should it be priced at? Two dollars? One dollar? It's only $3 guys, it's not like it's $30. Look at it at as far as value for your buck. What would cost $3 that you get to keep forever? Not very much, right?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Aw man 3 bucks!!! that's just too expensive. What's that Call of Duty MW3?!! wow the special edition is only 200 dollars and comes with a toy, so cheap.

Anyway, is not expensive but is more expensive that on IOS, let's supported and doesn't run as smooth. So while I don't have a problem with the pricing. I expect it to at least be on par.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb