AOL Instant Messenger app?

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried IM+, and it just is not good enough. All I need is AIM. I cannot find anything in the Marketplace other than IM+. Is there such a thing?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You won't see much for IM programs until the official release of Mango (dev submissions in a month....release should be shortly after).

All the necessary API's and sockets support ect needed for normal functioning IM's weren't given to developers until the SDK for Mango. Thats why you don't see any of those in the market with only a couple exceptions which use 3rd party server push notifications ect, and the apps can't run in the background (only behind the lock screen). With Mango developers will be able to have apps that run in the background like you are used to on other platforms.

We aren't far off now. You'll see a plethora of IM programs coming out sept/oct.

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks for the information. I am very new to Win7, coming from a BlackBerry and an iPhone. I am still getting used to the way things work on this side of it. Definitely looking forward to Mango from what I have read so far on it.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, IM+ is really the only option right now and it's buggy and slow unfortunately. Once Mango apps hit though we should be in much better shape from an IM standpoint. I just wish MS would build support for Gtalk, Yahoo IM, and AIM into the OS itself like they did with Facebook chat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786