charging cradle

gzinkl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I seem to see only one charging cradle. Looks like it also has a spot to charge an extra battery. Very functional, and I find it very ugly. Are there no other options for a cradle? I'd take one that doesn't charge at the same time if it allows my to thread the charging cable to the phone. I want to have the phone sit vertically on my desk and look professional, not gadgety.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After I got a Nintendo 3DS I like the charging cradle concept. It's stylish and easy to use. Hopefully new phones include one or have condutive charging support... So you can put your phone on a charge pad.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had charging cradles for my treo 600 650 750 and treo pro I have the focus and since the usb port is on the top the only way I could see a cradle for the focus would be a horizontal usb port in lanscape. It would make sense for the HD7 or 7s to have a cradle. If I get a similar mango device would love to find a charging cradle its a great concept

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am now the proud owner of a Cellet 257746 Cradle Charger for HTC HD7.

The item is delivered in 4 separate pieces: a battery, the cradle, a usb cable and the adapter which is very similar to the HTC HD7 adapter. oh yes, I also got a little lanyard with it as well...what for, I must still figure out. The cradle has a Orion Gadgets logo on the front.

Overall, with the HD7 docked and charging, it looks very smart. There are two LED, a blue one (currently blue) in the front by the phone and a red one at the back where the spare battery is charging.

The whole cradle/dock is positioned at a very good angle and shows off the HD7 screen quite nicely. The whole construction is sturdy and this i can testify to...I work on a ship and it is a little bumpy outside and so far the cradle/dock station has not budged from my desk to meet the floor, like everything else has.

Two points of concern...when you put the spare battery in to charge, you have to really push/force it in and to get it out...don't risk your fingernails. That battery is not going anywhere just yet! :D

I have a Nokia N900 heritage and therefore a fear of little micro-usb ports...it seems a little stiff getting the phone on and off the docking micro-usb attachment but once on, there is no wriggle room, it sits firm and nicely positioned in place.

It was well worth the buy. It looks professional and neat. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the cradle today. It's all right. The LEDs are just obnoxious. I am so tired of insanely bright LEDs. No, it's not cool!

Anyway, I can't get my HD7 to automatically go into dock mode when I place it on the cradle. Does yours? I did make sure I edited the settings to enable automatic dock mode. But it just doesn't work, so I have to manually launch the Dock Mode app.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the cradle today. It's all right. The LEDs are just obnoxious. I am so tired of insanely bright LEDs. No, it's not cool!

Anyway, I can't get my HD7 to automatically go into dock mode when I place it on the cradle. Does yours? I did make sure I edited the settings to enable automatic dock mode. But it just doesn't work, so I have to manually launch the Dock Mode app.
I havent been on for a while and only saw this post now. You winning with the cradle?

I wasn't aware of any settings. I just basically plugged everything in and after placing the HD7 onto the cradle it started charging automatically.

Dock Mode app? I can't remember ever encountering that, and if I had and it didn't work then i probably disregarded it. I sold my HD7 to my brother (Lumia 900 fund) so I am unable to double check for you in this regard.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I havent been on for a while and only saw this post now. You winning with the cradle?

I wasn't aware of any settings. I just basically plugged everything in and after placing the HD7 onto the cradle it started charging automatically.

Dock Mode app? I can't remember ever encountering that, and if I had and it didn't work then i probably disregarded it. I sold my HD7 to my brother (Lumia 900 fund) so I am unable to double check for you in this regard.

Well, sort of. It charges my phone and allows it to sync with Zune, but that's about it. I have tried to fiddle with Dock Mode some more to make it pop up automatically, but it just won't work right. So, when I remember, I launch the Dock Mode app when I drop my phone into the cradle. The Dock Mode app is in the HTC Apps section of the Marketplace. I think it's only available to HTC phones.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs