Focus vs HD7S

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on taking a WP7 phone for a spin and am currently looking at these two phones. That is if anything better on AT&T doesn't come out in the next week at a price i'm willing to pay then i'll get one of these phones.

I know the stat differences between them so i'm really looking for opinions of people who have used both and can offer some good feedback? Personally I like the slightly larger screen of the HD7S but the focus has better contrast which looks nice. Sort of a toss up for me.

Ultimately I think call quality, picture quality and battery life will decide it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Focus but wish I would have went with the larger screen of a HT7S. I don't watch a lot of videos on my phone, and mainly use it for FB, TWitter, text,email,... so the larger screen would have come in handy. I say go with the HD7S, I've played with one and was in love. The Focus' screen is drop dead gorgeous though.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on taking a WP7 phone for a spin and am currently looking at these two phones. That is if anything better on AT&T doesn't come out in the next week at a price i'm willing to pay then i'll get one of these phones.

I know the stat differences between them so i'm really looking for opinions of people who have used both and can offer some good feedback? Personally I like the slightly larger screen of the HD7S but the focus has better contrast which looks nice. Sort of a toss up for me.

Ultimately I think call quality, picture quality and battery life will decide it.

Here's a good comparison article: HTC HD7 vs HTC Surround vs Samsung Focus

The Focus supposedly blows away the HD7 in terms of battery life. It also has better photo and video quality.

I'm a current HD7 owner, but I definitely would've gone with the Focus if they had it on T-Mobile. HTC phones tend to have the worst cameras and battery life. I still love my phone, but that's mainly because of the OS rather than the fairly uninteresting hardware.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The build quality of the Focus also feels very cheap compared to the HTC phones. Seems as that article is saying the HTC phones have dual LED Flash and the Focus don't. Battery life is up to you. The amount you use the phone and how bright you have the phone's screen is a huge factor.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Focus, and dig it quite a bit. Tried the Surround and HD7, both cool, but the Focus screen sealed the deal. I love the size of the HD7 screen, but wanted something that would easily drop into a pocket. Plus, I ride mountain bikes quite a bit, and winced at having a dustup and landing on the phone.

With the Focus, I've got a TPU gel case on it that protects it well, and gives it some heft. I agree with 1jaxstate1 that Focus feels a little chinsy on its own, but with a case, you get a little more girth and feels better.

Got a Pop Case on the way, hopefully that will bulk it up nicely. As soon as the Sea Rey makes it to an ATT store, it will be the one in my pocket!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i got the HTC Surround Returned it , got a HTC HD7 .. returned it ... and ended up with he FOCUS

IF you like a light weight Phone that fits nice in your pocket ( it might feel cheap buts its just like every other Phone ) AMOELD is mroe durable then LCD to ... but w/e..

HTC has a kick stand
Samsung has a better screen.
Working in Cell phones i had the chance to compare all 3 ( actually 4 cause i tried the LG quantum ) and the screen on the FOCUS is simply amazing . feels like a HD tv Compare to a None HD tv. ( with the color contras )

HTC is big and bulky
Samsung is Smooth and stylish.

HTC has more HTC apps
Samsung has a better camera system.

IN turm of battery is pretry much the SAME THING!!! except you can get Longer batetry life with the AMOLED screens if you DONT us light colors ( whites )

I love my FOCUS and never looking back unless HTC makes a Less bulky Phone ( fat and ugly ) and adds S-Amoled-PLUS ( if ever )

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Slightly o/t but the camera on the HD7 is pretty damn good. I know in comparison it pales but you aren't going to carry two devices with you all the time to see if something looks washed out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro