HTC Titan vs. upcoming wp7 phones

johnnieblack

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty set on buying the titan when its available, been doing my research for a while now but i keep on hearing news about upcoming wp7 phones, such as the htc ultimate, not sure if its android or wp7.

Anyone know of any other upcoming wp7 phones coming to AT&T?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC Ultimate is either another name for the Titan (perhaps AT&T's version of it), or it's a new phone for another carrier. I'm hoping it's the latter :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really excited about Samsung adding a plus to their current screens. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i think the 4.3 inch will be nicer than the current 4.0 inches. I'm not going to go for the Titan till i see it in the flesh. Want to see the screen quality first.

I'm so brainwashed into Super Amoled now it seems. I may change my mind you never know. :)

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
HTC Ultimate is either another name for the Titan (perhaps AT&T's version of it), or it's a new phone for another carrier. I'm hoping it's the latter :)
The Titan's codename was the Eternity. It has already been announced as the Titan for AT&T.
My bet is that the Ultimate will be a similar device that will be branded for Verizon.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Titan's codename was the Eternity. It has already been announced as the Titan for AT&T.
My bet is that the Ultimate will be a similar device that will be branded for Verizon.

Hopefully! AT&T is getting all the good stuff, the other carriers need some new Mango phones.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Doubt it will go to Verizon, more likely Sprint. If Verizon carried a device with such a unique selling point as the 4.7" screen they would have to advertise it and actually try and sell it in their stores and all the stories we keep hearing say the exact opposite is happening. Sprint would be a good choice, better even still on T-Mobile but I dont see it happening for VZW.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it will go to Verizon, more likely Sprint. If Verizon carried a device with such a unique selling point as the 4.7" screen they would have to advertise it and actually try and sell it in their stores and all the stories we keep hearing say the exact opposite is happening. Sprint would be a good choice, better even still on T-Mobile but I dont see it happening for VZW.
Very good point. Verizon doesn't want a great Windows Phone, let alone deserve one. For the consumers, I hope they get something decent, I now suppose that won't happen.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for the Nokia event next month..I hope some high end device comes to T-mobile.

While Nokia may be announcing a device or two next month, remember that only certain countries in Europe will be getting anything this year. Don't expect a device to hit the US for another 6 months. The good news though is that when they do, I am sure T-Mobile and AT&T will both get them. Doubt VZW or Sprint ever will.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well i think the 4.3 inch will be nicer than the current 4.0 inches. I'm not going to go for the Titan till i see it in the flesh. Want to see the screen quality first.

I'm so brainwashed into Super Amoled now it seems. I may change my mind you never know. :)

Exactly! I thought I wanted the HTC HD7 when it came out and was dead set, no one could tell me anything else. Then they had these WP7 kiosk setup in some of the malls all over the country and I saw all of the handsets. Of course I went right to the HD7, looking sexy as ever, but while playing with it, couldn't help but notice in the background the Samsung Focus, it's screen was stunning! The nice lady was trying to explain to me about wp7 & Metro UI(which was useless and I probably at that point, new more about wp7 then her, not because lack of knowledge, but cause I did my homework). I asked what is that and why is the screen sooo freaking beautiful(pointing to the Sammy). I picked it up and was amazed how much it made the Metro UI, look even more refreshing(as if that was even possible). Went back home and researched the crap out of it and the Super AMOLED screen and found the Omnia 7, rest was history. Before getting my next device(until Nokia drops), I have to see the Titan & Focus S in person, side by side again.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Reseaarch and more resaerch is generally a good idea I want to see them side by side myself before taking a leap!

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
While Nokia may be announcing a device or two next month, remember that only certain countries in Europe will be getting anything this year. Don't expect a device to hit the US for another 6 months. The good news though is that when they do, I am sure T-Mobile and AT&T will both get them. Doubt VZW or Sprint ever will.

Dam I can't wait that long, I hope the HTC titan comes to, T-mobile. if not I might have to buy the HTC Radar. I really hope a 4.3 from HTC or Samsung or Nokia comes this year..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99