WP7 Alternatives

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
Had my iPod Touch for about a year now and have been use to using certain Apps! Got a Windows Phone 7 about 3 weeks back and have picked up a few LIVE Games since getting achievements for my Gamertag was big feature for the WP7 but now its time I try to stop carrying both around the house so looking to find some Apps I have on my iPod that I could get on WP7.

First up I like to have a Remote Desktop App I use iTeleport on iOS which is great was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good VNC App on WP7 if its Free that would be great but I'm fine with paying if the App is decent enough and not to pricey! I mean I can just continue carrying my iPod around!

Next up anything that can Stream Video to my WP7 from the PC? On iOS I have Air Video have not seen anything about doing such a thing on WP7 I know TVersity can do it if you go to the Web UI on the Phone but it uses up so much doing a Live Conversation my Computer ends up way to slow so I'm going to blame it on TVersity since I can stream just fine with Air Server on my iPod.

Thirdly anything that will let me download from websites and store on the Phone and then transfer to my computer later on? I do this on my iPod with DownLite quite often when I'm out at a family members sometimes I come across files I want to grab while I'm there.

Finally there a App I can grab that will let me eBooks that I store on the WP7 itself?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Had my iPod Touch for about a year now and have been use to using certain Apps! Got a Windows Phone 7 about 3 weeks back and have picked up a few LIVE Games since getting achievements for my Gamertag was big feature for the WP7 but now its time I try to stop carrying both around the house so looking to find some Apps I have on my iPod that I could get on WP7.

First up I like to have a Remote Desktop App I use iTeleport on iOS which is great was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good VNC App on WP7 if its Free that would be great but I'm fine with paying if the App is decent enough and not to pricey! I mean I can just continue carrying my iPod around!

Next up anything that can Stream Video to my WP7 from the PC? On iOS I have Air Video have not seen anything about doing such a thing on WP7 I know TVersity can do it if you go to the Web UI on the Phone but it uses up so much doing a Live Conversation my Computer ends up way to slow so I'm going to blame it on TVersity since I can stream just fine with Air Server on my iPod.

Thirdly anything that will let me download from websites and store on the Phone and then transfer to my computer later on? I do this on my iPod with DownLite quite often when I'm out at a family members sometimes I come across files I want to grab while I'm there.

Finally there a App I can grab that will let me eBooks that I store on the WP7 itself?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

There's supposedly a remote desktop app on the marketplace now. I downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Video - There's a program called MyMedia which might do what you want. I don't use TVersity, but it lists some compatibility for it.

Ebooks- try "AbookReader" or Freda.

Not sure about DownLite, but when I find pages I just hit Share and email the link to myself. There may be something that does more of what you want than doing that, however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo