Best WP Game

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
Would like to know what, in your opinion, is the best game available on wp?
Just wondering what people think is THE BEST game.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Plants Vs. Zombies.

I also had a blast with "I Dig It", but the achievements are bugged :/. If achievements don't matter to you, however, have at 'er!

Currently I'm addicted to "Cosmic Jumper" though, which I'm thankful WP Central pointed out. I actually had the 360 version some time ago, but the game is definitely more suited to a portable.

L

lumic

I really do like The Harvest. It's obvious a lot of effort has gone into it.

However, I think sports games have the best replay value. In that case, PES2011 might take the cake.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely Plants vs Zombies...2 Achievements left. Second would be hydro thunder, so much better after mango update 200/200...3rd would be Beards and Beaks(super fun if you use the blue gnome alot) with 3 achievments left. The live games have been awesome. Trying out Implode and will see how that works out.

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd say my favorite so far has been Puzzle Quest 2. It's an excellent mix of bejeweled type gameplay and RPG leveling and character customization. I had a blast with the game and it took quite a long time to beat so I feel like I got my monies worth. I got it at full price, but I would say pick it up now since it's on sale. You won't regret it.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Dodonpachi Maximum

So good. Not for WP8, and there are no equivalent titles in the same genre... So I basically have no games to play on my phone :(
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There are too many games and too many genres to call any one game the best.

But the game that comes to mind first is Rayman Jungle Run. In terms of refinement, performance, artwork and gameplay balance it's hands down one of the best.

Skulls of the Shogun is one of the best strategy games on so many levels. If I had a complaint it's that it's too brief and there it could use a bit more depth. But it's got a ton of personality and it's fun. It's definitely underrated.

Jetpack Joyride is one of the best for endless runners. Although the game is a bit glitchy, I think due to the Xbox Live connection. Those glitches do sometimes work in your favor.

HarshQuad is a excellent puzzle game. Awesome design style and engaging gameplay. It's got more refinement than any other puzzle game I've played on Windows Phone without being yet another Bejeweled clone. Gameplay does tend to feel a bit short, as rounds are designed to come in quick bursts. It's a tough game.

Then there's Mirror's Edge. Graphics are pretty good, the soundtrack is great and gameplay is very engaging. It's also got higher production values than most. It got a bit more care than most ports get although it only runs at 800x480.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Best Overall = Skulls of the Shogun: This game is fantastic if you like turn-based strategy games. It has a fun story in the single-player campaign, and then great asynchronous multiplayer cross-platform play against Windows 8/RT and Xbox 360. It's the best overall game.

Best Family-Friendly Multiplayer = Carcassonne: I'm talking about the game itself: it's a blast and you can start asynchronous games with a ton of different people and then play at your leisure. Be warned that the online matchmaking system is atrocious and unacceptable for an Xbox-certified game, and the game is a little buggy. But despite the poorly implemented online play, it is still do-able and the game itself is such a blast that I enjoy this game more than any other when it comes to playing family and friends. i.e., the game itself is fun enough to compensate for the programming flaws.

Best Pick-up-and-Play = Rocket Riot: The touch controls work perfectly. Most game sessions can last just a minute or so (perfect for mobile gaming), and it's fun as hell. If it had a proper multiplayer mode it would be the best game.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Halo: Spartan Assault will take this crown once it releases myself. However, the best I think I've gotten so far is Asphalt 7. The Achievements are icing on the cake of a really nice, solid racer. Plenty of races, plenty of race modes, many cars and mods to unlock. Its races are short, meaning you can easily get one downed when you have a few minutes between tasks in a given day. Others like Skulls of the Shogun take too long to make a great purely-mobile experience. Needing 10+ minutes to fully beat a level pushes the versatility of a mobile game, in my opinion. I like Skulls, I just think it takes longer to beat a level than I'd like, because my recent mobile gaming habits are just a quick 10 minutes before bed (right now, it's Tiki Towers). Many of the popular games don't offer that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6