finally RPGs showing up!!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
got to love the ASIAN market!!! they love their RPGs!!!

lol ,

its still in demo mode (beta ) but its gona be nice :)

* Sword Of Rapier DEMO *

L

lumic

For some reason, Asian games always come one with dodgy interfaces & icons. I wish they just stuck to what Microsoft provides.

The actual gameplay looks pretty good, here's to hoping for more large-scale RPGs & RTS!

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it helps that is is obviously a poorly thought out indie attempt at a game well beyond the scale of the developer... Which is fairly common on the indie marketplace.

But in general, yes. Asian developed games not backed by, or developed for, American markets tend to fall back on some extremely archaic design choices. When people like Inafune or Kojima stand up and tell the public as much, they're not kidding. While there have been a number of successes (largely from Nintendo), and a number of developers who have taken the extra steps needed to break those molds, a surprising number of Asian developers still feel like it's the early 90's.

While I personally believe it's cool that some of that design aesthetic exits, many people have taken that appeal and modernized it into something far better than it was. Others still program with all the brutality of a Might and Magic IV programmer, though, and that just isn't cool guys... I don't want to play a game that requires a fifty page manual any more. Most of us want a game that has an equal level of depth without the need to learn a complicated set of statistics and menus. The Elder Scrolls IV is a perfect of example of this, as is Fallout 3. Both titles are incredibly easy to pick up and learn, and both have incredibly lengthy campaigns and tons of spells or equipment.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i dont thinks it poor looking ... it5s Much better then any game we have now ( in terms of action adventure rpg )

sure its not a XBL game but still ... if they finish it it soon , im gona get it for sure..

the graphics are better then any other Indi games ( and almost as good as XBL games just not as smooth )

the game play is awesome ( good controls nice actions and fully 3d )

the only bad thing i can see about this is that its OBVIOUS that they used Google translator to translate from Asian to English . ... lol cause dam its bad.

and yeah the Asians always have that Asian RPG look like in all the FF games ( final fantasy ) but thats classic japanes animation. But its not worst then Zenonia or w/e

the only thing really is the MUSIC also is terrible lol, to 90s fantasy

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@self things really need to pick up. I just look at some of the games available for other OSs, and boy, they have some cool looking **** available!

L

lumic

i dont thinks it poor looking ... it5s Much better then any game we have now ( in terms of action adventure rpg )
The actual game environment looks great, but there's an extremely tacky UI. It has absolutely no correlation with the style of the game. Something like The Harvest does a better job of incorporating a UI that suits the game.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to playing it and it's unfortunately far beyond the realm of what I would call enjoyable. The English is abominable, the graphics are cheap, and the gameplay is dull and incomplete. The most praise I can give is that the combat is weak, but functional. You can rip it up pretty good with that sword, and the magic all works well. The UI is a disaster though. Not only is it ugly, but icons are everywhere. It's impossible to see what is going on half the time because of where you need to put your fingers.

For what it is, the programmer gave a good jab at creating a Ys clone alone. It's a commendable effort for what must be his first project. The game is smooth and the combat works. Definitely better than some first efforts I've seen on the Indie channel. But as a game? It's nowhere near a commercial level. This is a test bed for some better project and little else.

If we want some decent RPG's I honestly believe our only hope is to see what bigger companies potentially port for us once the install base is bigger. There just isn't much quality being developed on the indie channel in regards to RPGs, and Zeboyd is too busy to move their titles over. It'd be fantastic if we saw something, but I'm not holding my breath. All the better indie attempts are being sucked up by the iPhone. None of those people are really paying the WP any heed right now.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I finally got around to playing it and it's unfortunately far beyond the realm of what I would call enjoyable. The English is abominable, the graphics are cheap, and the gameplay is dull and incomplete. The most praise I can give is that the combat is weak, but functional. You can rip it up pretty good with that sword, and the magic all works well. The UI is a disaster though. Not only is it ugly, but icons are everywhere. It's impossible to see what is going on half the time because of where you need to put your fingers.

For what it is, the programmer gave a good jab at creating a Ys clone alone. It's a commendable effort for what must be his first project. The game is smooth and the combat works. Definitely better than some first efforts I've seen on the Indie channel. But as a game? It's nowhere near a commercial level. This is a test bed for some better project and little else.

If we want some decent RPG's I honestly believe our only hope is to see what bigger companies potentially port for us once the install base is bigger. There just isn't much quality being developed on the indie channel in regards to RPGs, and Zeboyd is too busy to move their titles over. It'd be fantastic if we saw something, but I'm not holding my breath. All the better indie attempts are being sucked up by the iPhone. None of those people are really paying the WP any heed right now.

its still in beta mode , keep in mind this game could change 100% and only get better :p

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but... Games don't change 100% once they're in Beta. If that's you truly believe, you have no idea how the game development process works. He could fix some aspects of the title, yes. The majority of it, however, is set in stone.

But it doesn't matter. Obviously you enjoy the game as it is so that's great if you've found something you feel is worth the time to play :p. Personally I'm going to pass and wait on something else. This just isn't what I consider a stand out title.

L

lumic

English and UI will never be fixed between beta and final from an Asian developer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss