Isnt the Sea Ray a WP7 version of N9?

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No, the screen size difference is because the N9's screen is 854x480 whereas the Sea Ray's will be 800x480. The extra area at the bottom of the Sea Ray, where those extra 54 rows of pixels are on the N9, is for the 3 standard Windows Phone buttons.

Anyway, it also has a completely different CPU (Omap 3 vs. Snapdragon). Both smartphones share a very similar design, but it's not correct to say that the Sea Ray is just an N9 running WP7.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
No, the screen size difference is because the N9's screen is 854x480 whereas the Sea Ray's will be 800x480. The extra area at the bottom of the Sea Ray, where those extra 54 rows of pixels are on the N9, is for the 3 standard Windows Phone buttons.

Anyway, it also has a completely different CPU (Omap 3 vs. Snapdragon). Both smartphones share a very similar design, but it's not correct to say that the Sea Ray is just an N9 running WP7.

Nice Post! I totally forgot that the whole point of the N9 is to be button less, so that makes sense!

Windows Winner

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Played around with the Nokia N9 today which has the most solid phone build I have ever seen. The Meego OS is super easy to use. Can't wait for the Windows version to hit the shelves!!!!

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm so no super hi-res WP7? We're still stuck with the same old 800x480?

ummm... considering that the resolution is part of the O/S and is intentionally being kept the same across all devices to provide a consistent look I'd say you might as well accept that this is the only res. we are going to be seeing for quite a while longer regardless of which mfr's WP7 phones we are looking at.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm so no super hi-res WP7? We're still stuck with the same old 800x480?

That's the resolution of the Samsung galaxy S II. The best smartphone on the planet ;). It looks very crisp.

Also While the N9 is cool and all, I want an even higher up Nokia phone. HTC leave a sour taste in my mouth when they release the Android version of the Titan ( Why didn't give us a WP7 version of the Sensation? ) so I'm not going to settle for anything that's not original.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
That's the resolution of the Samsung galaxy S II. The best smartphone on the planet ;). It looks very crisp.

Also While the N9 is cool and all, I want an even higher up Nokia phone. HTC leave a sour taste in my mouth when they release the Android version of the Titan ( Why didn't give us a WP7 version of the Sensation? ) so I'm not going to settle for anything that's not original.

Nokia Ace my friend!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss