How do I activate the live tile on the WPcentral app?

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I think its a little redic that they are charging to the live tile functionality and app downloading functionality(this one especially since u can just goto show in browser and then hit the link from there)

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think its a little redic that they are charging to the live tile functionality and app downloading functionality(this one especially since u can just goto show in browser and then hit the link from there)

You are also paying for no ads, not to mention all the time put into making the app. That alone is worth the dollar imo.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You are also paying for no ads, not to mention all the time put into making the app. That alone is worth the dollar imo.

I usually never buy apps no matter how cheap or useful they are because there will always be another one that may be better. even there was an app for $0.50 that would make a whole bunch of Latinas appear and behave in an uninhibited manner I still wouldn't buy it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Man this tile is really bad, I only had the airplane review on it so I though nothing new came out. Then I came home and saw two new articles. What's the point of the live tile if only updates after I enter the app.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If they show the latest, and someone else would rather they show the first one THEY have missed, then what?

What's best for the entire user base is the question WPCentral has to answer, not the preferences of individual users.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Then it should say, 2 new articles. (I will see it and say. Oh I must have missed a lot and click it. )

But because I only saw the last tile I click, that only show up after I saw the article inside the app, I wrongfully assumed there was no news.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Being a newbie, I am trialing apps before shucking out my bucks - I like the WP Central app better than Board express so far - except why can't I locate a "Forums" button? II see Reviews, apps, podcast,videos, games, tutorials, tip us, about, a search page, a news page, but nothing that goes straight to the WPcentral forums. I have to go back to IE to do that. Any help - or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Being a newbie, I am trialing apps before shucking out my bucks - I like the WP Central app better than Board express so far - except why can't I locate a "Forums" button? II see Reviews, apps, podcast,videos, games, tutorials, tip us, about, a search page, a news page, but nothing that goes straight to the WPcentral forums. I have to go back to IE to do that. Any help - or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Forum support is possibly coming but not 100% a sure thing

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Then it should say, 2 new articles. (I will see it and say. Oh I must have missed a lot and click it. )

But because I only saw the last tile I click, that only show up after I saw the article inside the app, I wrongfully assumed there was no news.

Winterfang,

First of all thank you very much for supporting me and paying for the app.

The behaviour you described is exactly how the live tile should be working, if it is not then the background task is not functioning correctly.

Could I ask that if it's not working you assist me in identifying why?

Firstly check that in your phone's settings > background tasks that WPCentral's background tasks are enabled.
Secondly, look in the live tile section of settings and let me know what you see provided in the tile information. A common error is that the background task last exited because of a network error, which will be displayed if there was an issue getting the latest tile information through your network provider.

Many thanks in advance

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Forum support is possibly coming but not 100% a sure thing

Yeah sorry guys I am really keen to support the forums but there's a lot of work to do and my life is a tad hectic right now. Rest assured it is planned but as you correctly identified, it will come after comments support.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Now it works, I had live tile on but no notifications, I don't like notifications that much though. I added notifications and took it out of the title screen and ad it again. Does the tile show pictures sometimes or just text?

(Apologies for three posts in a row)

Winterfang you can turn the notifications off if you'd prefer, the tile should function as normal with or without notifications

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
(Apologies for three posts in a row)

Winterfang you can turn the notifications off if you'd prefer, the tile should function as normal with or without notifications

Thanks, I end up deleting the app and downloading it again. It works now it gives me number notifications and show me the last bit of news when it flips. The numbers are kind of ugly though very un-metro like. I would personality perfect letters like on the me tile. Anyway the app works now, I no longer feel rip-off =P

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Winterfang, both the font for the rear tile text and the count of the tile are set by Microsoft, third party apps cannot change either. Unfortunately as I'm one of the first devs using the new SDKs for a lot of people, it's not apparent to anyone.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre