Am I screwed?

Endosmok

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok... I am fairly new to WP7. But I think I am screwed here unless someone knows a way around this issue.

I have a 1.4 Samsung Focus. Without Mango of course.

So I am loading up Zune today because I want to purchase Navigon for $29.99 before the prices jumps up to $49.99 on November 15th. Well I am searching the Marketplace and can't find diddly when I type Navigon.

I realize that hey.. maybe it doesn't show up because Zune see's my device as a Samsung Focus v1.4 and just doesn't display it because it only runs on phones with the Mango update.

But then I am thinking... when you purchase an application on the Marketplace, doesn't it follow the MS Live profile and not the device? Like when I upgrade to let's say a Samsung Focus S, the apps I have already purchased should move over to my new phone?

I'm coming from WebOS, and the apps moved with the profile.

So is this system flawed? Am I understanding it correctly? Is there a way to purchase an App for a device you 'plan to buy' or are 'waiting for an update for?

Or is my fate solely dependent upon AT&T and the date of Mango for v1.4 Focus?

Ya, it's only 20 bucks, but it's still pisses me off...

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
oh i just remembered. it may depend on where you live. some places where an app isnt offered you wont see it.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Only apps available for your currently logged in device will be visible. All you current apps will be available on any future devices (you can have more than one).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Endosmok

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.... direct link doesn't let me purchase either... I can login, but then get this message.

Can't get app
This app requires a newer version of the Windows Phone software.

I am in the USA, but it seems there is not much I can do until AT&T releases Mango for v1.4 on my Focus :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos