IonBall no longer on market

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
When IonBall was replaced with IonBallEX the former was removed from market. I'm only a little peeved by this and was wondering if you had the same thing happen to you.

Can we get a refund? Free EX? Or will they tell me to buzz off?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
In addition to IonBallEX?

That is interesting cause when I search for IonBall all that shows up on my Focus is EX.

Checking through the website for Marketplace as well as the Zune desktop only shows EX.

EDIT: I also have the email saying I bought IonBall Dec 15th, 2010 and when I look through my app history I do not see it on Zune or through the web Marketplace.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No apologies, the original game isn't there, just EX, sorry about that. My mistake.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Thoughts on the chance of getting a refund? I'm also thinking of asking for a refund on Crackdown 2: Project Sunburst.

I know that having things pulled is nothing new. The Fast and the Furious game was removed because of licensing and I understand that but to just remove a game only because you get XBL cert for your game is pretty bad.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
To update, I emailed the devs of IonBall and it seems that as part of the XBL cert process Microsoft has some rule where it needed to be removed. (Makes sense as it is probably to "protect the XBL games").

The gentleman was apologetic and also suggested I could get a refund via Paypal since there isn't an easy way to do it currently in the Marketplace.

I must say I am impressed with how he handled this. I know I will be buying EX pretty soon cause of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon