Any way to play FLAC?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Any third party media players or anything?

Hope im not wrong (actually I hope I am and FLAC is supported) but when I look at HTC Titan specs, FLAC isn't included.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I use Zune to rip CDs and encode them as WMA Lossless. You could probably transcode to WMA Lossless if you had to.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I know it's an imperfect answer, but you simply won't get great sound quality out of these smartphones in any case. I think anything past 320kbps MP3 with a pair of decent $50 earbuds is overkill, if you really appreciate SQ on the move you should look at brands / products dedicated to audio, such as Cowon.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zune HD and a Cowon S9 for music, and as good as the Zune HD is, the Cowon is very noticeably better. I strongly recommend their products.

cj1024

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Any third party media players or anything?

Hope im not wrong (actually I hope I am and FLAC is supported) but when I look at HTC Titan specs, FLAC isn't included.
If you can read in Chinese and know how to move file into a program's IsolatedStorage, you could take a look at this link
WP7 Flac Player
I made a program for jailbreak phone to allow it play flac files from the IsolatedStorage in the BackgroundAudioPlayer.:p

Last edited:

minott

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Zune will convert WMAL to lousy WMA so it is useless. You can use mp3 or aac with the same quality. So the only option is Flac Player now.

I really wanted this Flac Player to work for me, but it doesn't. It won't even recognize the flac files I have stored on my Nokia 820.

As far as I'm concerned, there's still no player that'll play locally stored flac files on a windows phone.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted this Flac Player to work for me, but it doesn't. It won't even recognize the flac files I have stored on my Nokia 820.

As far as I'm concerned, there's still no player that'll play locally stored flac files on a windows phone.

MoliPlayer Pro, from iOS and Android, will be released to Windows Phone store on Nov. 8. It plays, locally, most of the video and audio formats, mkv, flv, avi, rmvb, vob, divx, xvid, flac, ape, amr, midi etc. It supports playback of videos which have been uploaded to the camera roll of the phone by USB. Want to give it a try? Please see this post for screen shots and details http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/248907-new-all-format-video-music-player-anyone.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers