Cases for Focus S

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just made the plunge into WP7 last night. I am awaiting the Focus S in the mail and will be back on AT&T after about 2 years. I am excited to try WP7 after a long stint on iOS & Android. Question, what are my case options for this phone? Will GSII cases work on this?

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty in amazon, but I wouldn't recommend any silicone ones. I got one and I decided to take it off. It would collect dust behind the phone and caused tiny scratches. Case mate makes one and also ventev . I ordered a ventev and I'll see how that goes. Welcome btw.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have had a silicon case on my focus for a bit less than a year and have had no scratches and no dust collected behind it. I am not in many dusty areas . I really like silicon cases I have had them on my tilt2 and the pure and now the focus. If I get a focus s I will get a silicon case for it as well. Also if I get a titan or the Nokia Ace (probably the most likely scenario at the present) I will get a silicon case for it as I like to keep them in my dress shirt pocket during the week and sports shirts on the weekends and Sunday church. Just my personal preference!

anon(236746)

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Focus S and have found very few cases...or even screen protectors. The AT&T store had nothing at all. I welcome welcome any recommendations.

I did send an email to Otterbox this week and got reply:

At this point we do not have any information if a case will be made at this time for that device, but it is something that has been requested a lot. I would say to keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have.

Kind of a generic response, but it's always good to let them know there is demand.

Last edited:

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the casemate tough case from ATT. The case protects the device really well. It is a little tough to get on but it that is because it is a tight fit. Only issue with it is that it will cause the first stage of the camera key to stay depressed which can cause some of issues. They must not have a very good QA department. Anyways I was able to resolve this with a very simple solution that I outlined on another case thread. After my fix I think the case is perfect. Without the fix it is frustrating.

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty in amazon, but I wouldn't recommend any silicone ones. I got one and I decided to take it off. It would collect dust behind the phone and caused tiny scratches. Case mate makes one and also ventev . I ordered a ventev and I'll see how that goes. Welcome btw.

edboogie: let us know how that ventev case is. I've seen that case also but there aren't any reviews on it online.

Thanks!

anon(236746)

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just heard back from Zagg. It sounds like an invisibleSHIELD could be available relatively soon...but not yet.

Thank you for taking the time to contact ZAGG, and for your interest in protecting your Samsung Focus S with an invisibleSHIELD. At this time we do in fact have the invisibleSHIELD design for your device on our to-do list, but are waiting on a few final details to actually get it cut and put on our website- so I strongly recommend that you check ZAGG.com for your design on a regular basis. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at bmiles@zagg.com for further questions or concerns.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I wish this was like the old focus, lol. It came with a full back sticker (clear) with a bucha hoopla about how Sammy + WP7 was going to rock my world, but the words rubbed off within a day of use, so I just kept that sucker on, :p

Instant phone back protection + front screen protector = scratchless Focus.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
edboogie: let us know how that ventev case is. I've seen that case also but there aren't any reviews on it online.

Thanks!
I will asap.
For those looking for a screen protector , I recently purchased some realook screen protectors from amazon. Its not as tough as the ones made from zagg, but it's durable enough. What I really like about it is that it's crystal clear and everyone I've shown my phone to didn't even realize it had a screen protector . Easy to apply , but like any other screen protector , it likes to attract dust during application.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ventev 2 tone case.

The ventev case just arrived today. Installation was easy and the fit is very snug. After putting on the case the phone gained a little bit of weight and a little bit of bulk which felt good in the hands. Even though it feels heavier, it's still lighter than my Iphone. The buttons are tucked away nicely and It seems that it would be more difficult to accidentally hit the camera button. I think the case looks pretty nice. The top part is all plastic with a metallic finish and the bottom is silicone (?) outside and plastic inside. The only thing that is a concern for me is that the top and bottom part of the phone is exposed thus it doesn't provide full protection. Other than that I think it's a decent case.

I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality, but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The ventev case just arrived today. Installation was easy and the fit is very snug. After putting on the case the phone gained a little bit of weight and a little bit of bulk which felt good in the hands. Even though it feels heavier, it's still lighter than my Iphone. The buttons are tucked away nicely and It seems that it would be more difficult to accidentally hit the camera button. I think the case looks pretty nice. The top part is all plastic with a metallic finish and the bottom is silicone (?) outside and plastic inside. The only thing that is a concern for me is that the top and bottom part of the phone is exposed thus it doesn't provide full protection. Other than that I think it's a decent case.

I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality, but I hope it helps.
Thanks for the review. I'm glad that the case leaves an opening for the camera button that makes it more difficult, as that was one of my concerns (instead of covering the button like th tough case does).

I think i'll go for the ventev then!

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review. I'm glad that the case leaves an opening for the camera button that makes it more difficult, as that was one of my concerns (instead of covering the button like th tough case does).

I think i'll go for the ventev then!

No problem. You probably already know but just in case you were looking for a different color, I believe they also have a blue/black case.

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just received the CaseMate Touch case yesterday and I am very satisfied with it. I took the advice that was posted elsewhere and placed 2 small folded pieces of paper around the shutter button and the one issue the case has is corrected. I now have full 2 stage camera functionality and great snug protection. It adds some weight and girth to the phone that is actually welcome. I am very satisfied with the case and the phone as a whole so far.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just received the CaseMate Touch case yesterday and I am very satisfied with it. I took the advice that was posted elsewhere and placed 2 small folded pieces of paper around the shutter button and the one issue the case has is corrected. I now have full 2 stage camera functionality and great snug protection. It adds some weight and girth to the phone that is actually welcome. I am very satisfied with the case and the phone as a whole so far.

any chance of getting pics?

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a "Crystal case" (Rubber/plastic composite) off of ebay for $7 -search HARD TPU GEL SKIN CASE

it's great!..... after I took an exacto and trimmed around the button impressions although some may like the protruding rubber buttons.

low profile, good feel, great firm fit unlike the soft silicone cases, excellent protection, feels like I can toss it around without regard

Update:
For my second one today (smoke argyle other one is gloss black). Only button necessary to cut out was camera as it inhibits the two stage press. Power and volume are fine as is

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss