Xbox Companion App?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
HUH, I think you're talking about the XBox Live app, not the Xbox companion app. Which lets you control your xbox via phone.
Yeah it is... what you can do is go on the app store in your desktop/laptop browser and then find the link to the app to download in iTunes.

I actually used a link from TiPB.com from my iPhone. Worked like a charm.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Same was said of Xbox live on WP7, give it time.

Xbox Live is a "applified" version of the Xbox Live website you can log into that website on your iPhone, Android, MAC, PC etc and you will get the same results.

iOS doesn't have the full Xbox Live experience its just a small interface where they can talk to the community and see recent headlines etc compare achievements thats about it. WP is taking it to the next level.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
HUH, I think you're talking about the XBox Live app, not the Xbox companion app. Which lets you control your xbox via phone.
It's not called companion, but that's it... it's limited versus the one that's on WP.

I'm using both right now on both devices. With iOS, since it's not WP, it didn't automatically have my LIVE info and had to into it in.

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of under whelmed by Xbox Companion app on WP7. I guess it's a decent start for something that can grow.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Pretty? I find it butt ugly. Especially the control pad. And wtf did they do to the Netflix GUI. Yikes

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Pretty? I find it butt ugly. Especially the control pad. And wtf did they do to the Netflix GUI. Yikes

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Not I... the Netflix UI is sexiiii! You're the first to say it's fugly.

Last edited:

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am loving this so far so good and this is just the start. FYI I say open companion using Tellme opens it right away!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I find it fugly and crappy. They try and display too much information. No need for all the extra crap at the bottom. They chose to pick what they thought was attractive over what they had, which was good functionality.
Not I... the Netflix UI is sexiiii! You're the first to say it's fugly.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite chuffed with the companion. Would be nice if there was an independent volume control for Zune.

Looking forward to seeing what's to come in future versions.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Why couldn't Microsoft add a sleep feature to the Xbox 360 that would make it soo much easier to turn the console on using the compnaion app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte