Themes customizer tool for Windows Phone released [Homebrew]

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty new to the forums here (been an avid reader of the site since Windows Phone release) and I uploaded a theme to this forum, but it would not let me upload the .7thm file to share the theme. Not sure if I'm just doing it incorrectly or if the attachment manager doesn't accept .7thm files, but it seems pretty necessary to allow it if it doesnt.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I haven't done this yet so bear with me. Have you tried uploading as a zip file? Will that work? What is the file size?

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done this yet so bear with me. Have you tried uploading as a zip file? Will that work? What is the file size?
File sizes are small; I ended out changing it from a .7thm to a .zip, and just instructed that you change the file type back after download, i tested it and it works.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for them to give us tokens so I can unlock my Titan... have you unlocked your Titan, Dave?

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This looks like amazing stuff. Perhaps this is where WP will be going in the future. Couple of questions:

- Will this all work with a simple Chevron unlock or is the $100 solution required?

- Is it easy to revert back to standard Metro tiles?

Thanks,
Ron

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Remember you lose all your Live Tile functionality with this Big Supes, even notifications on Texts don't work. (According to Daniel)

Is it worth having a different look and losing all funtionality of the unique WP live tiles ?

Only you know that. :D

(I couldn't do without my live tiles)

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Remember you lose all your Live Tile functionality with this Big Supes, even notifications on Texts don't work. (According to Daniel)

Is it worth having a different look and losing all funtionality of the unique WP live tiles ?

Total deal breaker. I'm good w/just custom tile colors for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Ohh...darn! :(

There's no way I'm giving up the live tiles. Damn. I really wanted those uber-sexy brushed aluminium tiles!

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This looks like amazing stuff. Perhaps this is where WP will be going in the future. Couple of questions:

- Will this all work with a simple Chevron unlock or is the $100 solution required?

- Is it easy to revert back to standard Metro tiles?

Thanks,
Ron

Yes, a chevron unlock will work. FYI, the Chevron unlock IS the $100 developer unlock, just without the privelage of submiting apps to Microsoft's Marketplace.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I just sent my PayPal cash for a token to unlock my Titan... I can't wait to use this.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Love theme makers. Will definitely be making a Final Fantasy XIII and maybe a Evangelion theme.
Oh the joy.

RogerSaele

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If I install a theme and want to go back to live tiles how is this done. Do I have to do a hard reset?
When you install a theme you will get an app called theme. From this app you can pin the themed tiles. To revert you can simply unpin the themed tiles and pin whatever standard tile you want. No need to reset.

The themed tiles will be shortcuts to the standard apps, but without the live tile functionality. You get back the live tile functionality when you pin your standard app tiles.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm playing with some themes today and have deployed a couple. One thing I want to point out to everyone is that you can mix the live and static theme tiles. So for example a tile like settings or Bluetooth you can have those as static themed tiles while mixing in your People, weather, me live tiles and everything works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett