T-Mobile users PLEASE READ

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard from a source who works in management with T-Mobile that in order to stay competitive, they are looking at innovative handsets that can differentiate them from the competition. They have a road map lined up for 2012 which they say they are "confident our customers, along with switching customers, will be very excited for".

Not sure what to make of it, but sounds exciting!

To me personally it sounds like they will be getting a high end Windows device. It might be the same as other carriers, but what "differentiates" T-Mobile is its plans, cost, and service (in a good way)

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my HTC Radar from T-mobile. I'm also just happy with T-mobile in general. While they might not get the best coverage everywhere, their customer service is amazing and I pay $78 for unlimited everything. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT. Of course I'd prefer a 900, but I don't really feel like I'm settling with this phone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my HTC Radar from T-mobile. I'm also just happy with T-mobile in general. While they might not get the best coverage everywhere, their customer service is amazing and I pay $78 for unlimited everything. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT. Of course I'd prefer a 900, but I don't really feel like I'm settling with this phone.

Jesus Christ that's expensive. I only pay 59$ and can't barely made due with that =/.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for with tmo. Low end network, low end phones.

I wouldn't call T-Mobile "low end." Its HSPA+ "4G" data speeds blow the doors off of EVDO on Sprint and Verizon (both of which cost more, the latter, MUCH more), and give AT&T a run for its money.

Even for LTE, if you're in a T-Mobile service area, you'd be hard-pressed to see a meaningful difference between LTE on Verizon and HSPA+ on T-Mobile, except that your T-Mobile phone will have *much* better battery life, and the data network won't crash twice a month. ;)

T-Mo can do better. I suspect the real problem with devices was the strategic assumption that the AT&T deal was "more or less done." That kept T from offering competitive high-end devices, since the assumption was that it would be part of AT&T by early 2012.

Now that it's clear the merger isn't going to happen, I'd expect T-Mobile to get aggressive across the range. For entry-level and mid-range Windows Phones, they've already got the two best (the Lumia 710 and Radar, respectively). I'd expect them to go higher-end ASAP, either with a variant of the Lumia 900 when the AT&T exclusivity is up, or with a competitive device from Samsung, HTC, or another carrier.

One thing is for sure. I love my $50/month unlimited talk and text with 2 GB 4G data plan. I'd hate to have to pay 2x to 3x as much on another carrier.

soulzero

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have TMOB, and I have to say the coverage is good at least in my area anyway. But their selection of new WP7 phones is meh... the Radar & the 710 are OK but they are not nearly as nice as the phones AT&T offers... My contract is up in the spring and I going to AT&T for the Nokia 900, the Focus S or even the Titan 2... unless Tmob offers something equal or better... But I doubt it though, I have a friend that works at Tmob and they said they are getting iphone in the Spring so... they will probly be all about iphone

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that works at Tmob and they said they are getting iphone in the Spring

is this a rumor or most likely/definitely going to happen? i know that t-mobile stores started receiving iphone accessories last week, but they couldn't really give me any specifics on device timelines, etc.

soulzero

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
is this a rumor or most likely/definitely going to happen? i know that t-mobile stores started receiving iphone accessories last week, but they couldn't really give me any specifics on device timelines, etc.
"is this a rumor or most likely/definitely going to happen? i know that t-mobile stores started receiving iphone accessories last week, but they couldn't really give me any specifics on device timelines, etc."

Who Knows for sure... thats what they say... I would bet there getting ipad3 or ipad2S first like VZW did...

sprocket01

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm new here and also new to WP7. I have recently started back with TMOB after a few years with USC originally when I was with Tmo I lived in Northern New England and service was HORRIBLE to say the least. We have no moved south and our USC phones were roaming and needed to change carriers after months of research I found TMOB to have about the same service as AT&T for our area if not a little better Verizon was the best service, so next I looked at pricing we were paying 189 a month for 2 phones not unlimited with USC AT&T and Verizon were both at 195-210 a month unlimited so I looked at TMOB again we pay 150 with taxes and insurance for unlimited everything. Basically I feel each company has it's strong areas and its weak areas and as a consumer are you buying based on monthly bill or based on who has the "newest" and "best" phones. Speaking for myself the Radar does all I need it to do I'm sure as I use it more I will find things it's "missing" but I was looking to upgrade my phone and service while saving a few bucks. When we travel back home I know service won't be the best but that's only a couple times a year and wasn't worth it for me to spend 40+ more a month to make sure I had the best service possible when traveling back home. I really enjoy all the info that is available in these posts and I'm glad I switched to a WP7!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Glad you're enjoying your Radar, and Windows Phone in general too.

Welcome along to WPCentral sprocket01. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. Plus, it would depend on whether it's on contract or off contract. The prices I was talking about are on contract.

No no I mean, the money you generally make. For example I got pay 7 bucks an hour at my job, maybe you get more money in the states to be able to afford those prices.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
No no I mean, the money you generally make. For example I got pay 7 bucks an hour at my job, maybe you get more money in the states to be able to afford those prices.

Los Angeles is pretty expensive. $7/hr would below the minimum wage here. I would imagine that the average working adult in Los Angeles probably makes around $40k/yr.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Well minimum wage is $7.25 and most make more than that unless you are like a waiter or someone who gets paid more on tips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)