What's the best Note app?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the note. Quick reminders. Lists. Something that needs to be synced, or only need it for a day. OneNote is great, and I use it all the time. But it could be too much for the simple stuff.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I use to make lists and mostly to keep my work schedule on. I like it because it can get pinned on the screen and there's no need to click on save or anything, but it's a little slow and laggy and it always synching even though I don't have the real one note on my computer so it's just a couple of seconds I have to wait till I see what's on there.

Will try evernote.

Edit: Create account? Well that's one app I'll never use.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Create account? Well that's one app I'll never use.

Why?

Evernote is cross-platform (PC, mac, android, WP7, iOS, web access) and has far more features than onenote and has a lot more functionality - I wouldn't dismiss it without trying it.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I love evernote. I don't ever have to worry about losing my notes since they are automatically backed up in my ACCOUNT. :) plus I can access my notes from anywhere even just in a web browser on any computer.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Evernote is particularly nice if you're sharing work with several people. I helped my god son and several classmates with a project from 2000 miles away.
Only drawback is reception. I was in Costco with an older phone, and couldn't access my shopping list.
For most everything, I use Onenote.

defence5

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off topic but I'd really love to see a catch.com app for WP, I use catch extensively on Windows and Android based devices so would love to see it as an app.

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
I'm on the hunt too for a good note taking app. SuperNote is not bad, and Evernote looks awesome, but you have to pay to have your notes offline! :(

Any note taking application that lets you place multiple notes into categories/groups/folders?

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Evernote is particularly nice if you're sharing work with several people. I helped my god son and several classmates with a project from 2000 miles away.
Only drawback is reception. I was in Costco with an older phone, and couldn't access my shopping list.
For most everything, I use Onenote.

You should tell them that you can share notebooks with Onenote. The syncing/collaboration features are considerably more refined than Evernote. Give it a shot and see what you think.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You should tell them that you can share notebooks with Onenote. The syncing/collaboration features are considerably more refined than Evernote. Give it a shot and see what you think.

I never thought of that. I'd not heard of Onenote before I got a WP. It's my favorite app now.

paradiseware.com

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Evernote has so much to offer. So what if you have to create another account? It is free! I prefer Evernote because I can access my notes from anywhere: WP7, Android, desktop, TouchPad, PalmPre, etc.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy onenote. There is also a onenote app for iOS, not sure about android. I'm going to give evernote a try and see how I like it.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is UpVise. It's on all platforms and has a web interface. It's fast and clean.

UpVise is actually an app suite. It has other free apps and many paid. I mainly use the Note app and the text-only Wikipedia, which is very fast (when I don't need pictures). But you don't have to install more than you need, so if you just want Notes, just install that part. You get 10 MB free, which should be enough for notes.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually one of Microsoft's best kept secrets. Originally developed for their, well you know, tablets (long before the iPad). Had one about 9 years ago (Acer convertible). Expecting the Win8 tablet to be a wee bit better.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb