Best Bluetooth Car Speakerphone for WP7

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a 'best' BT car speakerphone for WP7. Our phones have so many speech capabilities that I'm looking for a car speaker that takes advantage of it all. I would also like it to have FM transmitter capabilities, as that would mean I could listen to music using my car stereo while having one less cable to use inside my car (currently using AUX input).

I was eyeing both the Motorola Roadster and the Supertooth HD. I've found reviews that say both work great with WP7 phones, but only Supertooth HD seems to be capable of reading/dictating messages. I don't know, however, if that is because the review I found on the Roadster on ZDNet was pre-Mango.

Anyway, I'd like your input! Also, keep in mind I'd like to get the best value and I listen to music on my car way more than texting (so I'm guessing FM is more important to me than dictating messages).

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Go with the Motorola. The automatic on/off feature puts it over the top. If after a minute or so of loosing the BT signal, the speaker turns off. When you get back into the car, the sound of the door closing wakes the speaker up and it searches for the phone.

The Roadster will read/dictate text messages as well as other voice commands. Can't comment on the Roadster's FM Transmitter because I really don't use it.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, George Ponder. Seeing as how the Roadster also reads and dictate messages + it's cheaper + it has FM transmitter, I think it's a no-brainer.

Thanks again!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for this post OP. I'm also in the market for BT speakerphone. I was also looking at the Moto Roadster and now checking out SuperTooth. You brought up reading back sms as a feature of SuperTooth. But the site states its only available for Android and Blackberry. So I'm not sure if it will work with WP.

EDIT: Found both the Roadster and SuperTooth HD on Amazon for about the same price, roughly $60.

Last edited:

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Go with the Motorola. The automatic on/off feature puts it over the top. If after a minute or so of loosing the BT signal, the speaker turns off. When you get back into the car, the sound of the door closing wakes the speaker up and it searches for the phone.

The Roadster will read/dictate text messages as well as other voice commands. Can't comment on the Roadster's FM Transmitter because I really don't use it.
I went with the roadster, but i think i'm going to have to start looking for something else. I am absolutely blown away by how offensively loud this thing is when it just randomly says ''DROID" for no apparent reason. Like i hear it do it every so often when i'm just walking through my garage to take out the trash, but even right now, it's just sittign on my desk charging, and my BT has been off for a good hour, and it just lets out a "DROID"

I mean, not just because it's annoying, but it'd be a little worried knowing that this is making all kinds of noise so anyone walking by my car will no there's either a handset or a speakerphone or something in my car which could be stolen. No thanks.

Anyone have any experience with the Jabra headsets? Like the Cruiser2?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I went with the roadster, but i think i'm going to have to start looking for something else. I am absolutely blown away by how offensively loud this thing is when it just randomly says ''DROID" for no apparent reason. Like i hear it do it every so often when i'm just walking through my garage to take out the trash, but even right now, it's just sittign on my desk charging, and my BT has been off for a good hour, and it just lets out a "DROID"

I mean, not just because it's annoying, but it'd be a little worried knowing that this is making all kinds of noise so anyone walking by my car will no there's either a handset or a speakerphone or something in my car which could be stolen. No thanks.

Anyone have any experience with the Jabra headsets? Like the Cruiser2?

WTH??? I got a Roadster and it has never let out a "DROID"! That would be very annoying. LOL

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
WTH??? I got a Roadster and it has never let out a "DROID"! That would be very annoying. LOL

Yeah if you turn your speaker off, then turn it back on it says "Droid" right? But this happens like a lot of times when i'm just in the garage walking around or taking the trash out. It sucks because i've ALWAYS hated that, like when i hear people w/ droid phones getting text messages. One of the most annoying things ever.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I find the end of this thread pretty funny...but anyway can anyone comment on the quality of the FM transmitter. Looking to pick one up for music in my car.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the motorola roadster and it doesn't say droid. It works fine as an fm transmitter too. I stream music through it frequently plus take phone calls and listen to text messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon