Am I dreaming?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I want in my next phone: A Nokia with a 4.3" or bigger screen, pixel density as good or better than the iphone 4S, a great camera, front-facing camera, LTE, 32 Gb of storage and excellent battery life. In light of the new Windows 8 rumors, how likely is it that something like this will be out by the end of the year?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I want in my next phone: A Nokia with a 4.3" or bigger screen, pixel density as good or better than the iphone 4S, a great camera, front-facing camera, LTE, 32 Gb of storage and excellent battery life. In light of the new Windows 8 rumors, how likely is it that something like this will be out by the end of the year?

not very likely if you stick with verizon.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can only hope I guess. My wife has an upgrade in November I'm probably going to use, so hopefully there will be a top WP on Verizon. If not I'll be taking a hard look at the iphone.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I can only hope I guess. My wife has an upgrade in November I'm probably going to use, so hopefully there will be a top WP on Verizon. If not I'll be taking a hard look at the iphone.

You never know. Verizon may get a highend Nokia phone like a 910. Nobody knows at this point in time.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My employer treats me wayyyyyyyy too well to leak anything like screen caps or details. I don't mind saying that there's a LTE Windows Phone in our promos because it certainly put my mind at ease. I was definitely thinking about giving up my 50% off and 10 month contracts for a Lumia 900.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Your dream may come true scottcraft! :cool:

Maybe so! If it's HTC I'll have to hear some reports on the reception, because this Trophy is horrible, especially on the data side. But if Verizon gets another HTC they might get Nokia too. I'll be thankful for whatever they get though.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe so! If it's HTC I'll have to hear some reports on the reception, because this Trophy is horrible, especially on the data side. But if Verizon gets another HTC they might get Nokia too. I'll be thankful for whatever they get though.
That sucks to hear man. My Trophy performs very well for me both data and voice-wise.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That sucks to hear man. My Trophy performs very well for me both data and voice-wise.

The phones is ok most places, just not at home and at work. I had Motorola droid prior to the Trophy and I had no problem watching videos and streaming music over 3G at home or work. I think most HTC phones are better than the Trophy so if Verizon gets another HTC as a WP I'll check it out.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Very likely if you wait till apollo. The Lumia 900 has the screen,cameras and LTE you desire and Apollo will make sure you have the resolution and storages you dream for.

Are you willing to wait ONE BILLION MONTHS?!!! (8 months)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Very likely if you wait till apollo. The Lumia 900 has the screen,cameras and LTE you desire and Apollo will make sure you have the resolution and storages you dream for.

Well my wife has an upgrade in November (that I'll probably use) and mine is next March, so I'm hoping Verizon will have a top of the line WP by then.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Does not have the screen he wants. iPhone pixel density is 329 pixels per inch. 900 is only 216 ppi. That is significantly lower. You can tell the difference between those resolutions easily with the naked eye at a normal viewing distance.

I think it is very likely (at least on AT&T) except for the 32 GB. With Apollo supporting Micro SD for additional storage it is unlikely (and highly unnecessary) that manufacturers will include more than 16 GB, with most likely electing for only 8 GB in all but their highest of high end devices.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Does not have the screen he wants. iPhone pixel density is 329 pixels per inch. 900 is only 216 ppi. That is significantly lower. You can tell the difference between those resolutions easily with the naked eye at a normal viewing distance.

I think it is very likely (at least on AT&T) except for the 32 GB. With Apollo supporting Micro SD for additional storage it is unlikely (and highly unnecessary) that manufacturers will include more than 16 GB, with most likely electing for only 8 GB in all but their highest of high end devices.

I thought I might have a problem with the Titan's 199 ppi, but I'm surprised I don't. I mean, yeah, I know it's not "Retina" but at my normal viewing distance there isn't much of a difference. I guess part of the reason I'm okay with it is because of the Pentile on the AMOLED my Dell Venue Pro. In my opinion, anything is better than that Pentile.

The other day, I had to use an iPod touch, and I realized how tiny a 3.5 inch screen is. Honestly, I don't think I can use a screen smaller than 4 inches now.

And as for the memory, I hope not. That would be the easy way out. I'm hoping that as storage gets cheaper, that they'll put more on device storage rather than requiring us to buy our own microSD cards.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestabebread, what kind of time frame is there usually between when you see something like this and it gets released (or at least further leaks)?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily have a problem with the resolution of my trophy, but watching a video on my wife's iphone 4 is pretty nice. I've watched some videos on the Galaxy Nexus at the Verizon store and it's pretty nice too. I think a Nokia screen with high pixel density would be very nice. I would prefer built in storage instead of sd card storage.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I personally thing the Focus screens and the Lumia screens (SuperAMOLED) are better looking then the iPhone4S. Even though they technically have lower resolution at large size (ie less pixel density).

Just me personally. Everybody sees thing different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa