Any chance Bell will get a Nokia WP?

raphaelgo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My upgrade is in a month and Bell has no Windows Phones yet! I saw an article published before that on February 6, which is today, Nokia will talk about Bell, Rogers, and Telus pushing new Windows Phones in the coming months. How come there's no news yet? When do you guys think/know about an upcoming Lumia 800/900/etc device coming to Bell?

Thanks!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i was at the bell kick off ( bell kick off - no WP ) was a thread i opend to give updates.

on the road map ( going till JUNE ) their was ZERO WP announce.

mostly all Androids and BB

Bell just came out with the term * supper phone * witch are basically any phone with duel-core + and quad cores that are coming..

and sadly thats what BELL is concentrating on . and we are also gona be getting a PHEW BB cause bell and RIM just sign a marketing DEAL to get RIM back on top.

i work for bell , and i can say when i herd the plans and whatt he bELL CEO ( Michel weening) had to say about MS... i was FUMMING smoke out of my ears!!!

i almost got up and walked away.

PS. the 900 is going to ROGERS, :(

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What?! Ugh I can't switch out because my plan is 50% off! Wow, disappointed in Bell. Now I might have to go with Android......

You could get the 800 from TELUS and unlock it. Both carriers use the same bands. Or you could get the 900 when it drops. The Rogers 710 has the 850/1900 bands Bell uses as well. And Rogers will give you an unlock code in store for $50. Or if you don't need 16gb of storage, the 710 can be purchased outright AND unlocked for $305 + tax. You could hold on to your upgrade for the time being and use it for an Apollo device. Apollo is bringing multicore support, so at least 1 Apollo device should fit the bill for Bell's "superphone" lineup. Unless it's really "super-crappy-phone" (Android only).

In case you're wanting my opinion, I'd get the 710 unlocked to hold me over for now, and save my upgrade for Apollo.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah like Freestateroker said . BELL , TELUS ,ROGERS all use more or less the same frequency ( all the phones work on all 3 networks , as long as the phone is less then 2 years old )

if WP8 gets duel-core phones witch would be at the END of this year.. BELL might bring back WP..

but it looks like they only want 4G duel-core + phones.

today they told us , we are ALL getting free Android phones at work. LOL... ok ..(gona pay my rent for 1 month, ROLF )

so you can see how much they push Android. they think because Android is Number 1 , that getting only Android phones will help keep them(bell) Number one in the market..

i think its a mistake , but im not a CEO. lol

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
In my honest opinion screw contracts and buy phones unlocked trust me you can re-sell for a good price and you aren't locked down. Be free get a unlocked phone its a great feeling

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
In my honest opinion screw contracts and buy phones unlocked trust me you can re-sell for a good price and you aren't locked down. Be free get a unlocked phone its a great feeling

I wholeheartedly agree! There is nothing like getting a cellphone provider to match someone else's offer because you're not on contract and could leave when you like. Same goes for crappy customer service, treat me like crap and it's "bye-bye" time.

We're the worst kind of sheep up here in Canada, people keep accepting these three year contracts and let the telco's grab them by the short and curlys.

raphaelgo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Very true! ....I wonder why this country even has 3 year contracts, when all the other countries in the world have 2. In this case, my contract would have been over in March!

...However I don't think I should spend that much money on a new phone. I'm tight on budget since I'm a student and I think it's better to use my money on necessities. I'll just lay low for now then until the time my Blackberry finally dies or when Bell actually releases a phone I like. Or, I could just give in and get a Galaxy Nexus, in which I just researched and figured out that Dropbox + Documents to Go is already good enough replacement for WP's Microsoft Office + Skydrive.

In what areas does WP really outshine Android? Microsoft Office is clearly one but the Dropbox + Documents to Go is already a good replacement in other smartphones.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking at features, WP has no clear advantage. WP's big win, and why I will never buy an Android phone, is the clean and beautiful UI combined with smooth and efficient operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb