Moving from console gaming to mobile gaming

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been a fan of the Xbox and Xbox 360 since they saw first light. I've always digged playing games on my console, sitting on the couch and staring at my tv. I hadn't really tried mobile gaming, not until I got my WP7. Now I've been really enjoying Angry Birds, Bug Village, Plants vs. Zombies, Flowerz, Fusion: Sentient, Kinectimals and The Harvest. Those are some quality games!

I'm interested how you view mobile gaming. Is it more fun than console gaming? I still console prefer gaming, but I'm often in a situation where it's impossible. For instance, someone in my house wants to watch television or is listening to music. Then again, I'm not home much to begin with, so playing a 'real' game like The Harvest when commuting is an ideal solution.

Something I'm very curious about is if mobile gaming will ever 'kill off' console gaming. Could it be possible? Will it ever happen? Thoughts?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think so. Consoles, (MS specifically) are moving more and more towards a multimedia medium (TV, movies, music, video chat, games). With the Kinect sensor, a new breed of games and multimedia will pop up and keep us glued to the living room. You can't say that for mobile phones. I think mobile phones will continue to be an accessory or an extension to PCs and now consoles. Extension in the sense, that the console version of the game (for example Full House Poker) will always feature more options than its mobile phone counterpart.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
nah , it will never kill consol gaming.. quite the opposite.

they are working on ECOSYSTEM cross platforms. so its just gona be more *even* now.

Beside Cellphones will NEVER be able to replace the quality of console games. ( remote control , better graphics , bigger/longer games , more features ect )

phones are WAY OFF from being up to par with consol specs

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99