Everyone already knows

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
But I just wanted to brag!

Android "Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)" (4.0+) was publicly released on 19 October 2011
Windows Mango began rolling out on September 27, 2011
(Less than a month apart)...

Android ICS is running on less than 1% of Android phones (developer.android.com)
- Less than 60% are running Android Gingerbread (v2.3.x)
- Almost 30% are still on Android Froyo (v2.2.x)

WP Mango is running on 61% of WP's (...i'm a WP7!)

Sources:
Platform Versions | Android Developers
(see attached photos)

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Once WP7 gets OTA, I expect adoption to rise much higher than 61%. Gosh, Android is just pitiful. What a messed up platform.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just came to this post from one discussing the slow speed of release for 8107, it's a nice reminder that WP is doing pretty good, even if not fast enough for all of us. (I hate the disappearing keyboard!).
In fairness to Android, there are 200 million users of a couple hundred models, made by over a dozen manufacturers, on dozens of networks around the world.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not an excuse for the platform. It was built that way... Even if Windows Phone had the same number of users then it would still have a similar release model. MS hasn't allowed the bloatware customization, or needed skins to make it functional. When it's time to update it's very simple for the companies to issue the update. The only thing holding the updates up are the carriers (like At&t, where's my F'n 8107 update?!)...

Just a little proof MS's way works for the companies that make the phone: I love the HTC hub on my TITAN. I always have it at the top of my start screen. It's part of the "awwwww factor" when I unlock my phone and show it to people.

I just came to this post from one discussing the slow speed of release for 8107, it's a nice reminder that WP is doing pretty good, even if not fast enough for all of us. (I hate the disappearing keyboard!).
In fairness to Android, there are 200 million users of a couple hundred models, made by over a dozen manufacturers, on dozens of networks around the world.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes